Grup 14 - Be part of the change

JamDav1982

Im not denying the fact other clubs were interested in him but if you read the article on there site it claims that the first contract was signed in november 2011 which barcelona paid 40 million for. So the deal was secured then and the penalty clause would be invoked if barca didnt sign him or brought the transfer forward. So basically neymar had a pre contract with us from 2011 to come after the world cup when he would be a free agent

Yes he did have a pre signed contract with a cost to break... Which Real Madrid were willing to pay.

So there was nothing secure about the signing at all if Neymar changed his mind he would be a Real Madrid player regardless of what was on place.

frog-fcb

So for madrid to sign him they would have needed the 40 million we paid for his image rights plus prob 40 for them to buy them 40 for our compensation and then whatever else we paid out for him so that would have been at least 120 million + for him. Then if he had changed his mind im sure we would have dragged them through every court in the land to stop it happening as we had the pre contract signed

JamDav1982

So for madrid to sign him they would have needed the 40 million we paid for his image rights plus prob 40 for them to buy them 40 for our compensation and then whatever else we paid out for him so that would have been at least 120 million + for him. Then if he had changed his mind im sure we would have dragged them through every court in the land to stop it happening as we had the pre contract signed

No Real would have had to pay the 40m to Barca and then try to make a deal from there for Neymar.

There was a copy of Madrid offer for Neymar which covered the Barca penalty.

Nothing would have went to court as the pre agreement Neymar had with Barca said any deal negated if 40m paid to Barca in event of Neymar changing his mind.

Not even sure if 40m is accurate figure. May have been 30m

frog-fcb

Yes there was a 40 million penalty if we broke the deal but what about the 40 million we had already paid in 2011 for his image rights so.that 40 +40 is 80 and then they would have had to buy hus rights from n and n

JamDav1982

Yes there was a 40 million penalty if we broke the deal but what about the 40 million we had already paid in 2011 for his image rights so.that 40 +40 is 80 and then they would have had to buy hus rights from n and n

Barcelona don't own Neymars image rights.

The easiest eay to look it is Barca would get 40m penalty if he signed for any other club. Real were willing to pay that for him.

Nothing about the deal was secured. If Neymar changed his mind he would be a Real player.

frog-fcb

Yes we would get a penalty 40 million but what about the 40 we paid in 2011 we would also have to re coup it from the deal

JamDav1982

Yes we would get a penalty 40 million but what about the 40 we paid in 2011 we would also have to re coup it from the deal

10m was paid in 2011 not 40m.

Regardless, Barca were getting 40m if contract broken as was Neymars team if contract broken.

All Real had to pay was 40m to Barca and they offered that.

frog-fcb

I forget were exactly i seen it but i did see it some were was something like the 40 million was paid in 3 installments they were something like 10 million 25 million and 5 million

JamDav1982

I forget were exactly i seen it but i did see it some were was something like the 40 million was paid in 3 installments they were something like 10 million 25 million and 5 million

Do you think 80m was paid to Neymars father before any Santos fee or the fees for scouting etc?

That is not repeated anywhere else.

10m was paid to Neymars father in 2011 is reported everywhere without any real dispute. The next fee they got was 40m in 2013.

Anyway its all beyond the point. Real could have afforded Neymar and would have got him had he changed his mind. Nothing about the contract guaranteed him to be a Barca player in 2014.

frog-fcb

Will from.what i gather is there was 40 million paid to his father for neymar then we incurred the penalty clause at another 40 million so basically yes we paid him over 80 million

JamDav1982

Will from.what i gather is there was 40 million paid to his father for neymar then we incurred the penalty clause at another 40 million so basically yes we paid him over 80 million

That didn't happen and no one has suggested Neymars father has been paid 80m before any scouting deals etc.

Neymars father when questioned in court about the money he received from Barcelona before the signing in 2013 only mentioned the 10m.

Do you have any links which says Neymars father got 80m? This is honestly the first have ever heard of this.

frog-fcb

On November 15 2011 the first contract of the operation was signed*between FC Barcelona (Represented by Sandro Rosell and Josep Maria Bartomeu as president and vice-president) and Neymar Jr., “N&N CONSULTORIA ESPORTIVA E EMPRESARIAL LTDA.” (Represented by Neymar Sr.) and Neymar Sr. as agent of the player. By this contract, “N&N CONSULTORIA ESPORTIVA E EMPRESARIAL LTDA.”, company that had claimed to own Neymar Jr.'s economic rights starting in 2014 when his contract with Santos was over and he would be a*free agent, agreed to pass said economic rights along with the federative ones of the player to FC Barcelona starting with the 2014-2015 season. FCB acquired said rights for 40 million Euros. The contract also guaranteed the player a salary of 36.125.000 Euros in 5 years. The breach of this agreement by one of the signing parties (FC Barcelona not buying Neymar Jr. until August 25th 2014, or buying him before he was a free agent) would bring with it the payment of a 40 million euros penalty to the other party. This contract also stipulated the project for the player's work contract, image contract and representation and management contract, by which the player's agent would get 5% of all future payments made to Neymar Jr. and this company.

frog-fcb

So going by that we accuired his rights for 40 million then we invoked tje penalty clause at the cost of another 40 million

Home of Barca Fans