Group F: Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
or for exemple RM vs Bayern
That was a master class tactics.... they got beaten fair & square 5-0 aggregate , our defenders committed ZERO tackles over 180 minutes.. that's supremacy .. no one ever done that to this Bayern team especially a 4-0 in Allianz Arena

Kerrybai

That was a master class tactics.... they got beaten fair & square 5-0 aggregate , our defenders committed ZERO tackles over 180 minutes.. that's supremacy .. no one ever done that to this Bayern team especially a 4-0 in Allianz Arena

To be fair this Bayern team have been taken down a peg by Pep. The treble winning side would never have capitulated in that fashion.

Djab

I'm quite certain they preformed a lot better (Quireoz is crap though ) against similar level teams
however you take over Iran & you'll play the same way... that is not anti-football , that's making something with the players you have ... he doesn't have a star studded team like Argentina but they may have well took all 3 points of the header or the one on one had a more talented players taking them
It's not anti-football.. anti-football is when you have a team like Chelsea playing the same way ... but you can't take it against Iran or other low tier teams at all

I hate it when people on twitter were slamming Iran for their football last night ... they will only be happy if Iran is stupid enough to open spaces for Aguero , Messi , Di Maria & Higuain.... ffs

This. I don't know who first used the 'anti-football' phrase but nowadays couple of kids have taken the internet by storm and call everything they don't like ,antifootball. Anti-football this. Anti-football that.

I personally don't like to see a team putting 10 men behind the ball. But what do you expect from Iran? Attack and lose the ball and get exposed defensively? If a footballing genius could declare there thoughts about tactics Iran should be using I'd appereciate it.

And we have talented kids here. But they are not properly taught and trained. And that is a goverment problem. There is no appropriate football school. Not enough budget is spend and etc.

Alik

I'm quite certain they preformed a lot better (Quireoz is crap though ) against similar level teams
however you take over Iran & you'll play the same way... that is not anti-football , that's making something with the players you have ... he doesn't have a star studded team like Argentina but they may have well took all 3 points of the header or the one on one had a more talented players taking them
It's not anti-football.. anti-football is when you have a team like Chelsea playing the same way ... but you can't take it against Iran or other low tier teams at all

I hate it when people on twitter were slamming Iran for their football last night ... they will only be happy if Iran is stupid enough to open spaces for Aguero , Messi , Di Maria & Higuain.... ffs
It doesn't matter from a spectators view. I personally just hate this sort of tactics. Compare this match, possibly the worst game of the tournament, with Ghana vs Germany, the best game. I know Ghana are much stronger than Iran, but Germany are also stronger than Argentina.

But from what I hear, people are not slamming Iran. People are praising them and saying that Argentina was lucky to win.

dakt

Nah, almost anyone can assemble team of 11 players which will only play defense. Iran was playing ugly football and I don't feel a bit of sorry for them. In fact, I'm sad because Argentina didn't **** them.
I'm watching this football against Barca whole effin season. Yes, it's a strategy against stronger teams, but it's as ugly as fuck and it should die by a horrible death.

Kerrybai

Yes good solid team but good solid teams don't win world cups.

Would they have won it without Maradona? No they wouldn't have.

Would Brazil have won in 2002 without Ronaldo? What about France 98 without Zidane? It's poor revisionism to say 86 was won by Diego alone, he scored 0 of the 3 goals in the final.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Would Brazil have won in 2002 without Ronaldo? What about France 98 without Zidane? It's poor revisionism to say 86 was won by Diego alone, he scored 0 of the 3 goals in the final.

Yes Brazil would have won it without Ronaldo because of their piss easy games for one and secondly they had Rivaldo and Ronaldinho.

France 98 success was based on their defence. Zidane was was sent off in one game and suspended for the other and they still succeeded.

Maradona may have scored zero goals in the final but he set up the winner and Argentina wouldn't have beaten England nor Belgium without him.

F

Flavia

Yes good solid team but good solid teams don't win world cups.

Would they have won it without Maradona? No they wouldn't have.

Of course they do. The "if" game is fun to play, but maradona didn't score in the final. Would they have won the final without Valdano and Burruchaga?
It's a team sport for a reason.

Yes Brazil would have won it without Ronaldo because of their piss easy games for one and secondly they had Rivaldo and Ronaldinho.

France 98 success was based on their defence. Zidane was was sent off in one game and suspended for the other and they still succeeded.

Maradona may have scored zero goals in the final but he set up the winner and Argentina wouldn't have beaten England nor Belgium without him.

If you apply your logic for argentina in 86 to brazil 2002, Brazil would never win it without ronaldo.

zanela

Even after Dzeko gets involved in the game the ref doesn't raise the flag only after he sees that it's a goal... verry fishy here.

They should investigate this, or start a case or something this is ridiculous.

FIFA's employees are incompetent, that's a fact. That goal should 've stood, but it is what it is. They had much of the game to overturn the outcome in their favour, but you can't excuse such a gutless performance. (Mexico for example had 2 legit goals disallowed but their persistence paid off, so can't dwell on external factors when the failure is inherent).
Susic ofc messed up the line-up by experimenting in such a crucial fixture. The old guard (miske, spaha) must leave, but his tactics left the captain exposed with a lot to cover, who neither has the legs or stamina for heavyduty at his age. His system runs on sheer will, and even that seem to 've got infected by his metrosexual cousin, adidas puppet the #11. I feel sad he has to retire this way.
Susic benches Kola, but brings in his shitty nephew. That was so tragicomic. The left flank got bombarded, thanks to his poor line-up , and even worse his ineptness to correct in-game.

BIH needs to axe half the squad, and the technical staff. Besic, Kola, Bego, Hajro, Sunjic, Pjanic, Veda, Vranjes, Visca are the ones who should remain. Need to build the team around passionate and talented youth.

MagIX

"Won by himself" is an overstatement for giving extra credit to a particular player. Maradona was not just an incredible player, he was a charisma and a leader. His mere presence made the others playing their heart out. That's why many who watched Maradona usually put him above anyone else, even Messi. I'm just sorry this didn't help him in being a better coach unfortunately.

Right, he was a chrarisma and leader without any doubt.
But this is not the reason why i put him above anyone else i have seen.

I tend to agree.
As said, without a compact good team you can not win, and Maradona had a good team (If Maradona played for us Switzerland, we did not win the WC)
But the impact and importance that Diego had on the WC victory is not even comparable to Ronaldo or Zidane (btw Ronaldo and Zidiane have not even been chosen best players when they won the wc).
Maradona was absolutely the best player of Argentina and of the WC 1986. Argentina scored 14 goals, 5 goals and 5 assists of Maradona.
Honestly, I've never seen a player that has affected a victory in a tournament as Maradona in WC 1986.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans