Group B: Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertus

last ones, I'm off to bed ^^

untitled-10z2d1b.gif

iGtXwFO7Liolt.gif

0QuxRf8.jpg

To any fans of spain, see what happened as a new beginning.

Good night everyone o/

ejuventus

pls, remove that pic above...it's just awful impressive

For the rest, any comment is unnecessary.... it's all evident.
End of Barça = end of Spain

HONOUR to one of the best national teams ever

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I'm still trying to understand why del bosque brought Torres to the wc, and even worse, played him 2x.
Seriously. The man's been done for what, 4 years? Villa would've been a better choice to get in those 2 games.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
LOL Spain. So who's the scapegoat? Even thought the whole team was crap and VbB sucked big time.

BerkeleyBernie

LOL Spain. So who's the scapegoat? Even thought the whole team was crap and VbB sucked big time.

Valdes. Damn him and his freak injury. :)

Seriously, Casillas wasn't up to the job, and was directly responsible for several goals in both games. Alonso sucked, so VdB responsible for keeping him in the squad. Pique mistake first game, Robben goal. VdB got tactics and lineups wrong, both games, won't blame the players for that.

And what other ranked contender is facing two such tough opponents in the first two games, back to back?

Beast

The Observer
Sad ending to them.. can't say i didn't see it coming miles away before the WC but i didn't expect them to fall that hard or to go out with 1 goal from Penalty & 7 conceded
Del Bosque failed to motivate them in time to recover or maybe the defeat vs Holland was too much to recover from
No one impressed me yesterday or felt like he is doing his job except Koke the rest was all lost in transition ... Torres what was he thinking... you are down 2-0 you need to win .. Costa isolated put Koke & Villa his team mates not Torres for Costa

I think Del Bosque will retire & he should be he achieved all that a manager can dream to achieve , liga , 2 CL's , WC & Euro.. time for new blood as well as Iker , Xabi , Xavi and all the rest of the 30's bracket including Torres & Villa
Iniesta should lead the transition although that doesn't make the young ones much better , Azpil did nothing in attack zilch .. Busquets was bad , Ramos ditto , Silva , Pedro couldn't do anything on the wing had a crap first touch all first half got a little better when he moved inside

However the one who really is screwed was Costa (not game wise he gave his best & sent Busquets a crazy chance i wonder how he missed but mentally no one was there).. guess he thought he would be joining the World & European champions for an easy ride ... i guess he wish he'd joined Brazil now

Qonny

The Spain play was way too slow. Opponents read them like an open book, and Spain never looked dangerous. Instead of any good movement off the ball, the Spanish players just stood there waiting for combinations, which chile obviously were expecting.

LeeRomeno

One good thing about this is that the Barca spanish team members can get more rest this summer, thats something they havent had in years...

L

linetty

Playing Alonso was one of his worst decisions. Not playing Villa was another one. Keeping Silva who has been trash.

It's all on the coach IMO, but this team is clearly fed up. They lack desire.

Time to start playing Koke, DDG, Bartra, Thiago, Deulofeu etc. on regular basis.

LeeRomeno

I would like to see Spain using something like that in 4 years (if all the players develop as they should)
---------------------De Gea---------------------
Azpi --------Bartra ----------Ramos(or Pique)-Alba
-------------------Martinez----------------------
---------Thiago-----------------Isco-------------
---Jese--------any decent striker-------Deulofeu--

Has experience but also younger eager players reaching their best years who have not yet won anything. Its hard to find a striker yet, dont think Spain has any outstanding young center forwards or am i mistaken?

L

linetty

Yesterday was the first time since 2006 that Spain started a World Cup match with fewer than 5 Barcelona players

Playing Alonso was one of his worst decisions. Not playing Villa was another one. Keeping Silva who has been trash.
It's all on the coach IMO, .

doesn't matter
the team collapsed after the 2-1 against holland, mentally/psychologically that was their funeral. even changing 11 players wouldn't have helped.
it's bad, no confidence, bad luck in basically every situation on the pitch

normally this dutch and chilean sides had to be breakfast, (the way Germany treated Portugal)
The coach won 3 big titles, he ain't that bad :)

I really don't see them beating Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans