Group B: Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caps

Things going well for me. I had money on Holland to win, Chile and Spain to draw and Chile and Holland to progess. People told me I was stupid. £1 at 50-1

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Van Gaal's tactics were spot on today. The fullbacks in the back 5 and especially Blind decided the game. They came from deep and Spain's narrow wingers could not stop them from influencing the play.
Robben and RVP can always destroy you on their own and Spain's horribly executed high line and Casillas' nightmare performance helped them as much as they could. What a trashing.

But Spain can still do it. And when they are in the knockout stages nobody knows. It is far from over.

F

Flavia

Yeah, you said it, 1st Round. There's much more to play, enough time for Spain to be last after 3 Rounds :VdB:.

That would be actually a good thing, though. More rest for the Barça players, and a full pre-season with Lucho.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
there is no need to be upset

iby6X0a63V69eF.gif

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Would be funny if this was their only top performance this cup. Hope not, I always want to see the Dutch do well.

khorne

haven't felt this empty after a game from spain since...well actually 2006 when they lost to zidane. well' it's been 8 fine years!

I'd say the match was lost with silva's chance/van persies wondergoal right before halftime, that shifted the momentum. overall, i wouldn't say spain's playing itself was desastrous, the problem was more that they hardly could get their rythm for 10 minutes before the next blunder set them back again. the first half was good, and there were some nice plays in the second half when they got their shit together for a while. or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part
congrats to oranje, well deserved. strong play, fantastic goals, it was their night

a quick question though, let's say spain wins the next 2 games, holland wins against australia but loses against chile, so those three have all 6 points and they all have lost against one and won against the respective other, it should come down to goal difference, correct? So, basically, once holland beats australia, they can afford losing to chile, screwing spain in the process and still be first to avoid brazil, unless they lose like, astronomically.

In other words, it's the second day of the world cup, and my team's pretty much out already, lol

BarcaVillain

As a Villa fan, can't help but say Ron Vlaar was absolutely immense. Spain should have taken the cue from Barca. It isn't easy to change a winning team obviously, but so much success can make a team complacent. You need the hunger as well as the talent.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Unbelievable start to an unbelievable World Cup trip! Game that totally shook the senses...Flying Dutchmen is an actual thing.

ejame9a2.jpg

Waiting for the gates to open :D

We got there just in time for the start of the game, so many Oranje fans.... Just wished it didn't rain that much. Are you going to watch the GOAT Ronaldo on Monday?

Die Bayern

Sort of glad Thiago is not there now, no need to be part of this! :p

In all seriousness what a game by the Dutch. With the squad they've got I didn't expect them to put much of a fight but fair play to them, incredible performance. Spain did nothing to convince they are favourites.

F

Flavia

Unbelievable start to an unbelievable World Cup trip! Game that totally shook the senses...Flying Dutchmen is an actual thing.

We got there just in time for the start of the game, so many Oranje fans.... Just wished it didn't rain that much. Are you going to watch the GOAT Ronaldo on Monday?
No, I couldn't get tickets for that one. Will you?

Ketoth

I think it's too early to write Spain off. They did ok in the first half. They fell off really bad physically. They're not in shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans