Group A: Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Neymar's faul could have been a yellow or a red.
Depends on a referee and what Fifa needs.

It was a yellow, first offense and not serious contact.

For example, if Croatia were winning 2:0 in the 60th minute, a similar foul from a Croatian player would have been a red card.

Oh, this hypothetical scenario with no logical basis behind it besides a conspiracy theory clearly convinces me...

hah good joke

You just want less competition for Korea :pep:

Darko

Shameful refereeing, Croatia deserved a draw!
That being said, don't think Brazil will win the WC, at least I hope they won't, nothing about their team or the way they play amazes me...

Kerrybai

Horrible way to start the tournament, feels tainted. Nevertheless the stadium looked great and I wish every team the best of luck. Hopefully Croatia go through.

B

beautifulgame

The hyperbole in this thread is incredible.

The foul on the goalie is a foul every time unless the rules just changed today?

Neymar yellow was a missed call. Was simply a foul.

Penalty was a dive but you wouldn't say that live

Oscar goal was preceded by a foul on Brasil.

Ref was bad but call a spade a spade barcaforum.

F

Flavia

Horrible way to start the tournament, feels tainted. Nevertheless the stadium looked great and I wish every team the best of luck. Hopefully Croatia go through.

In hindsight, such bad refereeing might pressure the next refs to officiate Brasil games to be more careful when giving penalties and such. The media just needs to do their part. Even the brazilian media is showing it wasn't a penalty.

But Scolari said he saw the replay 10x on tv, and to him it is a clear penalty :VdB:

A joke, really.

BarcaVillain

The hyperbole in this thread is incredible.

The foul on the goalie is a foul every time unless the rules just changed today?

Neymar yellow was a missed call. Was simply a foul.

Penalty was a dive but you wouldn't say that live

Oscar goal was preceded by a foul on Brasil.

Ref was bad but call a spade a spade barcaforum.

Call a spade a spade? Ok. I think there was something going on with the referee. I think the integrity of the competition has been brought into question. Not only the big decisions, it was possibly the worst officiating I've seen in years and I have no affiliation to Croatia or animosity to Brazil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khorne

the sad thing is that nishimura is technically a good referee and was so until the penalty. it really looks like some higher ups got cold feet after the first goal and then told him during the break "look, lets give em 20 minutes to turn this around on their own, and if not you'll know what to do" cue to croatia getting stronger in the second half and suddenly, bad decisions left and right.

pity for croatia, it's always a pleasure to watch them at tournaments, great technical side with a lot of fighting spirit. here's hoping they'll pass through nevertheless

BerkeleyBernie

:lol: Fred thanking god for helping him win a penalty with a dive. Gotta love that integrity. :lol:

Agree Oscar was the best player on the pitch. Croatia will go through.

Gaudi

I as a Croat blame Kovač coward tactics at most but that pen, I mean just give them the trophy then and give players some rest for long season ahead of them

BarçAjax8

:shit:

Pen shouldn't have been a pen and Rakitic was fouled when receiving the ball which led to Oscar goal. Should have been called a foul and possession to Croatia.

Terrible start to the WC

Home of Barca Fans