Group A: Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
This thread is full of

iSMw3WmuHzIPR.gif

Yes, they were robbed. And this Brasil team is pathetic. Their star player is neymar. Number third in Barca after messi and iniesta. Behind Ronaldo, zlatan, suarez and others. I mean, they used to have like romario, Ronaldo, ronaldinho......thats is pure class. Neymar is decent, but just isnt that good and Will probably never be. Like him though.

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

Kinlejus

Yeah, boring match, but every opening is boring. We deserved draw, but heck, it's WC opening, host must win.
What the f? was it the same match were watching? how was that boring?
I suggest u tunning in some curling if u find that boring

BBZ8800

Billions of dollars lost..., care explaining how that would happen?
What riots? you talk about random 50 people outsidethe stadium trying to make their voice heard? :lol:

Imo, there will be more viewers (on Tv), sponsors and everything, if for example, top teams promote and if they reach 1/4, 1/2 etc.
Just like in CL; Uefa is happiest when Real, Barca and similar teams plays the final.
Instead of Copenhagen vs Steaua, for example.

I could be wrong, though.
But I have read a lots of times on a lot of other forums/pages that Fifa/Uefa usually want most famous teams in finals and how that brings more money from sponsors, commercials, Tv viewers etc.

For example, imagine Messi and Neymar out after group phase.
It can't be totally irrelevant, imo..

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
Yes, they were robbed. And this Brasil team is pathetic. Their star player is neymar. Number third in Barca after messi and iniesta. Behind Ronaldo, zlatan, suarez and others. I mean, they used to have like romario, Ronaldo, ronaldinho......thats is pure class. Neymar is decent, but just isnt that good and Will probably never be. Like him though.

Where's that like button? :)

BarcaGirl

It's only the 1st game, but this World Cup is already a farce. This game was more fixed than Donatella Versace's face :lol:

Just give the trophy to Brazil already.

PaulFCB

Banned
Officiating was disgusting and there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever, especially after watching S.Korea vs. Spain/Italy which were 2 of the most heartbreaking matches of all time for me, that he was told beforehand to give a hand to Brazil.

That is a red for Neymar and that is not a penalty.

Maybe with Spain ( 2 disallowed goals which were clearly valid ) but knocking out Italy in the Last-16 was a blessing, Italy p00nished by football, not refs.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Yes please lock the door Daemul! As Voodo is completely right.

I think most people are taking offense about him saying that Neymar is decent, not that Brazil isn't good.

Also, :facepalm: at everyone saying the match is fixed and the refs are biased and whatever. From ref's angle, it did look like a PK, I agree that the contact was absolutely minimal but most would have given that. Croatia's disallowed goal was done so correctly, the striker barged in to Julio Cesar, it was a clear foul. My stream died for the third goal, but Croatia weren't going to equalize in any case, so it was irrelevant even if it did come from a foul.

GoobiePls

S♥NE
I think most people are taking offense about him saying that Neymar is decent, not that Brazil isn't good.

Also, :facepalm: at everyone saying the match is fixed and the refs are biased and whatever. From ref's angle, it did look like a PK, I agree that the contact was absolutely minimal but most would have given that. Croatia's disallowed goal was done so correctly, the striker barged in to Julio Cesar, it was a clear foul. My stream died for the third goal, but Croatia weren't going to equalize in any case, so it was irrelevant even if it did come from a foul.

hah good joke

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Neymar's faul could have been a yellow or a red.
Depends on a referee and what Fifa needs.

For example, if Croatia were winning 2:0 in the 60th minute, a similar foul from a Croatian player would have been a red card. So, that the hosts could try to get at least a draw.

Anyway, there will be more "show", as always for hosts.
Wait for a 1/8finals match.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What's up with people saying Croatia was not robbed? It was a dive, not a penalty. And the friggin' Japanese ref even gave the Croatian defender a red card.

Ridiculous.

Brazil was nervous. They had bigger potential than what they showed today. But I hope they won't go far. Neymar needs to be a flop for once.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What's up with people saying Croatia was not robbed? It was a dive, not a penalty. And the friggin' Japanese ref even gave the Croatian defender a red card.

Ridiculous.

Brazil was nervous. They had bigger potential than what they showed today. But I hope they won't go far. Neymar needs to be a flop for once.

No one was sent off.

BrazilFan

We was incredibly nervous but Brazil opening matches are never impressive. You guys can look at all our game for the past 5 or 6 world cups usually un-impressive victories. We are a team that usually grows as the competition goes on like the Confederation's cup.

As for the game, we didn't deserve the penalty. Clear dive IMO. Fred and Hulk was pretty useless but in Fred defense the service was poor. Oscar was the MOTM both offensively and defensively. I loved that tackle on Modric.

Home of Barca Fans