Gonzalo Higuain

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
he was lucky to find himself at the finishing end of 3 goals... not the best of his games at all!!

Well the third goal was more impressive, but the second was more credit to Messi. Higgy kicked it in but it was easy, anyone who had been in that position could have scored there. But still I'm not complaining, goals are goals :)

yeah the 3rd was really really cool header

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
he was lucky to find himself at the finishing end of 3 goals... not the best of his games at all!!
No luck involved. And he played a solid game outside of his goals. You people need to understand that his role in this team is very different from Messi. He is not asked to make plays or to create, he is there to finish them (and work hard).

Beast

The Observer
No luck involved. And he played a solid game outside of his goals. You people need to understand that his role in this team is very different from Messi. He is not asked to make plays or to create, he is there to finish them (and work hard).
which he keep doing brilliantly

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
^ Exactly . Higuain did play a good game. He is working hard ! But game maker is someone else , goals will come because of him !

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Neither is he asked to trip on his own feet or make the biggest shit passes in the side.

But who are we kidding. Real Madrid player and abaddon, it's all cool. :lol:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he doesn't even have to try (and fail) hold the ball with tevez on the pitch.

it's a brilliant tactic to maximise the qualities of every player bar messi - but knowing that messi is talented enough to perform in the role he is given (and it's not a rigid thing, he has freedom).

but yeah his overall play is poor. it's not his role in the side, but that doesn't mean he's given carté blanché to suck outside of goalscoring.

Juan03

he doesn't even have to try (and fail) hold the ball with tevez on the pitch.

it's a brilliant tactic to maximise the qualities of every player bar messi - but knowing that messi is talented enough to perform in the role he is given (and it's not a rigid thing, he has freedom).

but yeah his overall play is poor. it's not his role in the side, but that doesn't mean he's given carté blanché to suck outside of goalscoring.

agreed. nonetheless he was there at the right time in the right place for all three goals thats a striker's main job.

zanela

Neither is he asked to trip on his own feet or make the biggest shit passes in the side.

Stop exaggerating K. Its like when he plays, u pick even the most insignificant of details and diss him for it. And NO he didn't make the "biggest shit passes", dont magnify all his errors. Outside of his goals, he was decent. His job is to score and he executed tht job close to perfection. He also got you max pts. So no need to diss him. :wave:

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit

But who are we kidding. Real Madrid player and abaddon, it's all cool. :lol:
Clutching at straws now, nice. He was poor in the first game, but by no means can you accuse him of being poor in this one, not even if you take away the 3 goals. Hardly lost the ball, worked hard, most of his passes were on target.

But keep playing the Madrid player card, as if you have any credibility. The guy only scored a hattrick and is top scorer in the tournament, what a homer one must be for not criticising him.

True for the first game, not the second. And I can name you a long list of high profile players sucking in their first game this WC. Somehow I doubt they'll all rebound with a game like Higuain's today.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
He wasn't good, Zanela. He did fuck up a lot of things, even missed great chances.

But he scores and does the same what he did at Real in the first half of the season: play mediocre or bad and cover that up with goals. Therefore he gets credited by me, but that doesn't make he played a good game. He can do a lot better, even if he scores less.

But he scored three times so I have nothing on my side because the winner takes it all. Even if he was the worst player of the attack.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah he wasn't fantastic, but getting goals is what he's there for, and however easy the chances were, kudos to the man, he did a good job. I feel he played better overall in the 2nd half than the first.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
True for the first game, not the second. And I can name you a long list of high profile players sucking in their first game this WC. Somehow I doubt they'll all rebound with a game like Higuain's today.

no doubts. I'm a big fan of the guy, just tellin' it like it is.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I like Higuain but it's really not been his greatest performances, definitely not one deserving a hat-trick

Home of Barca Fans