Gonzalo Higuain

Alik

nah he isn't shit, but people on this forum are usually bitter whenever he is mentioned since they believe that their beloved Messi should have earned an international trophy in a row of very uninspiring final performances by ARG that were also accompanied by a series of close range misses by Higuain.

and rightly so.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Too bad(not really lel) Higuain has gone missing on important occasions for Real Madrid and Napoli too.

He's an excellent player with great stats, but when you need him, he's unfortunately not there for you.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
A great ability, but a choker. He can't handle the psychological pressure when it really matters: he is not tough enough. Perhaps he will finally overcome this when he will be in his 30s.

serghei

He wasn't exactly missing chance after chance after chance in those finals imo. People blame him in the final with Germany and in the recent final with Chile basically for one big chance wasted in each game, and both of them were chances he speculated on his own, not down to his teammates setting him up perfectly. Argentina has another problem, in the way they set up tactically, which is resembling of a Simeone side, because they don't create a lot of chances, with or without Messi. There are similarities in how both AM and Argentina handle a neutral scoreline. They play the result, and rarely risk if they don't have to. When you play like that, the fine margins can go against you, and they did, both in the case of Argentina (this year's Copa), and in the case of Atletico (CL final with Madrid).

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

He wasn't exactly missing chance after chance after chance in those finals imo. People blame him in the final with Germany and in the recent final with Chile basically for one big chance wasted in each game, and both of them were chances he speculated on his own, not down to his teammates setting him up perfectly. Argentina has another problem, in the way they set up tactically, which is resembling of a Simeone side, because they don't create a lot of chances, with or without Messi. There are similarities in how both AM and Argentina handle a neutral scoreline. They play the result, and rarely risk if they don't have to. When you play like that, the fine margins can go against you, and they did, both in the case of Argentina (this year's Copa), and in the case of Atletico (CL final with Madrid).

I know I would have scored that chance vs Germany or at the very least hit the target. Higuain has the spine of a jellyfish and the nerve of a rat. He would never have played for Argentina again after that final in Brazil if I had my way. I don't care if he's tearing it up right now for Juve and last season for Naples, you can't count on him when it matters and he's shown that many times.

Yannik

I know I would have scored that chance vs Germany or at the very least hit the target..

Hitting the target isn't exactly granting you extra points if you just blast it straight at Neuer. Higuain aimed for the corners like Suarez would do, he was just a bit too inaccurate in the end.

serghei

Hitting the target isn't exactly granting you extra points if you just blast it straight at Neuer. Higuain aimed for the corners like Suarez would do, he was just a bit too inaccurate in the end.

Yea exactly, that's the thing with being a striker. You never just want to hit the target, cause if you settled for just that, it would be just too easy. You want to score, and in order to score in front of Neuer you have to produce a very good shot. Producing a good shot means shooting closer to the bar. That means, occasionaly, you don't hit the target, because your reference is no longer a 7m. wide goal, but a 20-30cms space to the right or to the left of the bar, which is just the space that not even a top keeper can cover in time.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans