Gini Wijnaldum

Porque

Anyone signed is not going to fit the sporting direction of the new board.

With that in mind it is best to do a lowcost activation of a short term plan for the current coach.

At the least if it succeeds the new board may consider keeping him or a candidate supported by the current board has his odds of winning increase.

Messi983

I'm always wary about giving (especially newly hired) coaches too much freedom when it comes to transfers but in our current situation, why not? Better give Koeman who he wants and know will fit into his system than get a new Malcom who will be permabenched.

Wijnaldum and Depay might not be world beaters but they'll have their role next season and even if Koeman leaves I think they can stay at least good squad players for a few years under a new coach. And that's what I expect when we pay somewhere around 10-30m for players. That said, we've had quite a lot of succes with players in that price range like MATS, Bravo, Raki, JC, Digne, Umtiti (before injury), even Mathieu and Vidal were solid signings. Obviously also some flops but I think odds for us finding useful players for relatively cheap are bigger than with big money signings. And even if they don't succeed here it's easier to offload them.

gulaman

People who think Busi is slow are in for a treat when we sign Wijnaldum..
lol seriously? You don't even have to watch Wijnaldum in a full match, just head to YouTube and see a few highlights and you'll know he's much quicker than Busquets.

clemente

Mathieu had bizzare brainfarts every 2 games, but brainfarts for a defender means we concede a goal, and that's why he literally never started 2 games in a row, his game as LB against Juve was the end of his carreer here. I did like him, but he was never starter material, he sat quiet and made himself available, was something like Digne.

dostoevskij

Mathieu had bizzare brainfarts every 2 games, but brainfarts for a defender means we concede a goal, and that's why he literally never started 2 games in a row, his game as LB against Juve was the end of his carreer here. I did like him, but he was never starter material, he sat quiet and made himself available, was something like Digne.

He scored in a clasico, an very important one too. so nope no Digne. + he scored the winner in our celta away victory the same year, whee we basically never win at all. so :wave:
worth the spending for some solid years. no more, no less.
just dont ever play him as an LB, but thats more Luis enriques fault not his.

khaled_a_d

1-He was never brought to be starter, neither did we pay a starter material fee.
2-He wasn't a LB, he sucked there. Adriano was even worse and that created a problem.
3-He was very good 3rd CB for us for 2 years. Had a bad 3rd year.
Overall, I think for the money we paid he was good value for money.

CuleInAsia

Likes of Gini and Hendo are absolute engines for the liverpool team. The ability to press forward and get the ball back is unparalleled. Add it to the fact that Gini plays in a more withdrawn role for Liverpool as opposed to being much forward for Netherlands. This shows the ability to adjust as per the demands of the coach.

He would be a good buy for Barcelona. Can never underestimate the work effort put in by the likes of Gini,Hendo,Makalele,Kante etc

Vilarrubi

Wijnaldum wants to stay at Liverpool. Klopp also wants him to stay. [sky]

Wow.... could this mean Thiago for us?

Home of Barca Fans