Germany

DennyCrane

Man, Großkreutz is horrible. He just can run around, nothing else. And he is Ruhrpott trash. Enough reasons not to bring him to the EC tbh ;)

:lol: :lol:

He always reminds me of this:

newkids2_constantin.jpg

But, come on, he can add more to the game than run around. Also, if there's room in the team for a farmer like Müller, we can also add Großkreutz to the squad. He certainly has more pace.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
11 of the 27 preliminary squad head off for the training camp. The Bayern players will join very late (they have a friendly match vs Holland even a few days after the CL final), Dortmund players after the DFB cup and Özil and Khedira after another useless test match for RM in Katar (or so). Not the best conditions for training ... but even Löw is coming late after watching the cup final tomorrow.

Jenks

You don't need to worry about the German's mentality going into the tournament. It will be the same as it always is.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Neuer to score a goal in open play after dribbling past Ramos only for Torres to score 2 in injury time after doing absolutely nothing until then. #NostraDeco

messi1987

I think we are preparing really well and the team had some fun with Michael Schumi!!

However we lost 5:3 against swiss!

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Squad stripped down to 23 now with Cacau, Sven Bender, ter Stegen and Draxler sorted out.

That ends us up with:

GK: Neuer, Wiese, Zieler
DEF: Badstuber, Hummels, Boateng, Höwedes, Mertesacker, Lahm, Schmelzer
MF: Özil, Khedira, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Müller, Götze, Gündogan, Lars Bender, Schürrle, Podolski, Reus
ST: Klose, Gomez

Oh, and my current bet on the starting 11 is:

_____________Klose_______________
Reus__________Özil___________Müller
___Schweinsteiger____Khedira_______
Lahm__Badstuber__Hummels__Boateng
_____________Neuer_______________

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think it's stronger than their squads in the 90s (certainly less influential players) but still a quality team.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Only taking 2 strikers? what if one is injured and the other gets suspended? Also bit disappointed Ter Stegen isn't in the squad.

DucdeOrléans

Not really. Maybe to attract less journalists and supporters ...

Well going to Provence and watching the Monaco Grand Prix is surely not going to prevent that from happening. That's also why I was surprised to learn that Die Nationalelf were staying in Provence of all places when they usually stay in Baden-Baden.

Is Reus really the preferred option on the left wing? I thought that Poldi still was the first option.

A shame that Götze got that injury a few months ago otherwise he would have been a clear pick in the starting lineup.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Just my bet with Reus, as he is in top form and Löw simply might want to play him. Could be as MS too though, which btw explains why he took only 2 strikers.

Home of Barca Fans