Gerard Gumbau

F

Flavia

So strange positionally. Running forward in more attacking positions when he was the CDM leaving the center exposed.

Probably because he is not a DM, but he had those positional problems last season with the B team too. Really weird he is ahead of Samper as a sub for Busi, to Enrique.

khaled_a_d

Did not... Barça lost control as soon as Busquets was subbed. Gumbau was pretty poor.

I won't go as far as saying he was poor .it was his Liga debut and we were basically playing with only 2 man midfield .Busquets & Rakitic could hand this but to ask someone to be able to do it in his Liga debut is unfair IMO .
I would have judged him if it in for Munir so he can play normally in 3 man line up but Busquets needed the rest more

zanela

Did not... Barça lost control as soon as Busquets was subbed. Gumbau was pretty poor.

Yep. I don't remember any positives, nor does any aspect of his game look encouraging.

It's weird how the posters who were dismissing Samper's promising CL debut against APOEL based on the quality of the opposition, are now bringing up the first game excuses for Gumbau's awful showing.

silvia

I have really no clues for this guy. i think samper could be better as bench player for team chemistry. thats all i can saay.

F

Flavia

Yep. I don't remember any positives, nor does any aspect of his game look encouraging.

It's weird how the posters who were dismissing Samper's promising CL debut against APOEL based on the quality of the opposition, are now bringing up the first game excuses for Gumbau's awful showing.

Yep. During preseason Samper also played better, despite having less minutes. Enrique can be stubborn with some things, who knows what's going on. But it surely makes no sense to play Gumbau as DM, ahead of Samper. Gumbau is not very good in his original position, and as DM he is really bad.

serghei

Doesn't have what it takes. He could do fine at another team, not at Barcelona. He is more similar to Mascherano than Busquets.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
You guys, Enrique said that he doesn't want to damage B team, so he took the worst player from them, mystery solved:sherlock:

spark

Don't even see why it has to be a question of him or Samper. Literally anyone else would deserve first team chances ahead of Gumbau. Meanwhile, Grimaldo will leave on a free in a few months :salute:.

Home of Barca Fans