Gerard Deulofeu

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Well if he is that adept at both sides on an equal level i'd say that i'd rather play him on the left because he can cut in on his stronger foot to shoot and his left footed ground crosses are pretty good (i.e his magical assist).

USWAY

Or we can just get rid of Villa and Sanchez :rosell:

We're going to sell Villa regardless because there's NO WAY he enjoys coming of the bench behind two wingers who couldn't score a goal to save their lives, whether it's better for the team or not.

USWAY

lol noone knows, even him I guess, it depends on day and defender he is facing
I guess he is slightly better at LW

Which would be another example of his exponential growth in the last few years. I clearly remember a couple years back he was much more adept to RW, when he was more of just a speedy, dribbling winger. All of a sudden he consistently has some of the sexiest finishes, game to game, national team or Barca B. This paired with the fact he now actually uses his runs with the ball to find openings for teammates with much more consistency.

Football Cantera

There is an infatuation with young talent getting first team opportunities but I think we all remember Bojan and what happened with him when he was promoted too soon. Replacing either Alexis or Pedro with Deulofeu or Neymar would be rash in my opinion. Pedro is 25 and Alexis just turned 24, neither have reached their full potential yet.

We have the world's best player at the moment and to change his supporting cast and the chemistry around him at the moment would not be prudent. Also Neymar and Deulo might not thrive in a system where they have to play second fiddle to Messi. When we have youngsters coming through La Masia on a yearly basis why look elsewhere to spend silly money on other players?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
With Villa possibly being sold in january, Cuenca going out on loan, and Alexis in horrible form, Deulo could see a huge increase in playing time very soon. Lets pray he can handle it.

Theconomist

I'm guessing maybe 3 people that posted in the past few pages watched a full match with Deulofeu playing lol.
Remember Bojan?
Relax people, he has enough time to join the team in 2-3 years.
If he was that good we would have forced himself in the first team like Messi.
He has the potential to be great, but we MUST give him enough time to grow.

Paganinisrvnge

There is absolutely no reason why Deulofeu shouldn't get some sub appearances throughout the season and even some starts at the end of the season given the poor form of Alexis/Pedro and the loaning of Cuenca.

barcanuck

I'm guessing maybe 3 people that posted in the past few pages watched a full match with Deulofeu playing lol.
Remember Bojan?
Relax people, he has enough time to join the team in 2-3 years.
If he was that good we would have forced himself in the first team like Messi.
He has the potential to be great, but we MUST give him enough time to grow.

Please don't mention the B word in the same sentance as Deulofeu. I really don't want him to be a bust like Boygirl.

Home of Barca Fans