Gerard Deulofeu

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Absolutely wasted at Everton...Still think this move represents some significant risk - could alienate a cantera player who has been poorly handled by the club over the last few years...Not an easy situation if he indeed wasn't meeting Lucho's demands but loans for key players at the club is a new & rather untested approach...Emery & Sevilla are better options, IMHO, than Everton however - even with Martinez

F

Flavia

BvQht_kCYAAFEb8.jpg

BvQpZCsCQAAkwoE.jpg

Arrived in Sevilla

mittchan82

I think it's great he's getting loaned out. He'd have probably rotted on the bench and would have pulled a Thiago on us and that would have mean that we just did another club a favor.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
From Totalbarca:

timthumb.php

In the aftermath of Gerard Deulofeu’s transfer, many people have expressed their discontent about the move. However, Ginés Meléndez, a man who knows Deulofeu inside out, having coached the 22-year-old for the Spain U-19s before assuming the role of the coordinator for all Spanish youth teams, seems to think that the move will actually benefit the winger. Read more…

Speaking on popular radio programme ‘Partido de las 12’, Meléndez began by heaping praise on Deulofeu. “Gerard is kid with great human and sporting attributes. He’s got what hardly anyone has, which is skill, pace and goals. He’s a winner, but he has plenty of things to improve on. He’s already been playing at a high level, as he’s always been two years ahead of his age. He’s a great kid and a fantastic person.”

The veteran coach then expressed his belief that Deulofeu can be a success at Barça. “He’ll go back to Barcelona through the front door. Barcelona do these sorts of things well. He needs plenty of playing time in the Primera División to develop as a player and do well wherever he goes.”

“Barcelona have made a good decision in loaning him out for a year. I think it’s good for him and good for the club; both will gain from it. With the players ahead of him at the moment he wouldn’t have gotten much playing time. He’s always been a sensational player. We’re going to have a fantastic player. His progression has been outstanding.”

Jadentheman

Yeah yeah, no matter how many articles, soundbites, interviews, and people that know to sugar coat this loan I still think it was wrong. And even though it may work out well and Lucho as turn most of you around in less than 5 seconds. What I think is he shouldn't have left. He could fight, he could have developed. He was already miles better than Tello was at this point.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I can't decide really whether Lucho is right or not as, again, we're not privy to what goes on in training...From his cameos alone, I can't say he deserved to be shipped out on loan

It's a bold move from Lucho and he's accepted responsibility for it...I may question it but I also think we have to give someone like Enrique who loves the club the benefit of doubt that there is a legitimate reason for doing so

BigBarcaBoy

I can't decide really whether Lucho is right or not as, again, we're not privy to what goes on in training...From his cameos alone, I can't say he deserved to be shipped out on loan

It's a bold move from Lucho and he's accepted responsibility for it...I may question it but I also think we have to give someone like Enrique who loves the club the benefit of doubt that there is a legitimate reason for doing so

I like coaches who are prepared to male big decisions and do not try to hide away, we must back him on this.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
From Totalbarca:

timthumb.php

In the aftermath of Gerard Deulofeu’s transfer, many people have expressed their discontent about the move. However, Ginés Meléndez, a man who knows Deulofeu inside out, having coached the 22-year-old for the Spain U-19s before assuming the role of the coordinator for all Spanish youth teams, seems to think that the move will actually benefit the winger. Read more…

Speaking on popular radio programme ‘Partido de las 12’, Meléndez began by heaping praise on Deulofeu. “Gerard is kid with great human and sporting attributes. He’s got what hardly anyone has, which is skill, pace and goals. He’s a winner, but he has plenty of things to improve on. He’s already been playing at a high level, as he’s always been two years ahead of his age. He’s a great kid and a fantastic person.”

The veteran coach then expressed his belief that Deulofeu can be a success at Barça. “He’ll go back to Barcelona through the front door. Barcelona do these sorts of things well. He needs plenty of playing time in the Primera División to develop as a player and do well wherever he goes.”

“Barcelona have made a good decision in loaning him out for a year. I think it’s good for him and good for the club; both will gain from it. With the players ahead of him at the moment he wouldn’t have gotten much playing time. He’s always been a sensational player. We’re going to have a fantastic player. His progression has been outstanding.”

22-year-old?
He's 20...

Home of Barca Fans