Gerard Deulofeu

CuleLife4Life

Just rumors. He was born in Spain, and still plays for Spain's youth sides, so I don't see why he wouldn't continue for Spain, especially when Spain, at the moment, is really lacking in attack.

A lot of African players born in Europe like to play for their parents homeland so I could see him doing that as well. We'll just have to wait and see.

Deulo is kind of selfish when making passes but I think its because he is so use to being the "main" player or one of the main players during his time at youth levels and Everton. I don't know how common this is but Lucho should have talked to Sevilla coach and explain to him what he should work on with Gerard.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It was rumoured in a local Barcelona paper, not to mention his brother who is at Asspanyol & who pparently did opt for Mali

I am split in terms of how I feel about the loan, there are good arguments for the pros/cons of it IMHO...I do wonder what it does to Deulofeu who must feel a bit ostracized by the club he has shown incredible devotion to...As a culé, I find these sorts of scenarios troubling, tbh...He's without question the most hyped & skilled player coming from the cantera and has been given the least amount of 1st team chances of any youth player over the past 6 or 7 seasons...Even Dos Santos saw more life with the 1st team and he was more a groupie than a player

I think he's been a bit hard done by the club & Lucho...Does Gerard have things to improve upon, even if they've been talked about for years now?...Absolutely but this isn't like the club to loan talent away who have a future at the club, nevermind one so special...Is the thinking that he's so diehard blaugrana that he wouldn't consider leaving?...I think that sets a dangerous precedent

I suppose the good is that he's been calm albeit restrained in the media regarding this surprising turn of events - the fact that he didn't explode or show anger perhaps bodes well...Perhaps Lucho's idea to get him to work harder might take root with this tough love but, again, it could backfire

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I think Gerard has someone close to him that he listens to that gives him very good advice. He knows that if he is going to realise his talent he needs to get minutes and that if he doesn't get minutes at Barca he will become just another journeyman. I like his confidence that he will develop into a Blaugrana starter and seems to be happy to take on the challenge of proving that he will be a success.

CuleLife4Life

It was rumoured in a local Barcelona paper, not to mention his brother who is at Asspanyol & who pparently did opt for Mali

I am split in terms of how I feel about the loan, there are good arguments for the pros/cons of it IMHO...I do wonder what it does to Deulofeu who must feel a bit ostracized by the club he has shown incredible devotion to...As a culé, I find these sorts of scenarios troubling, tbh...He's without question the most hyped & skilled player coming from the cantera and has been given the least amount of 1st team chances of any youth player over the past 6 or 7 seasons...Even Dos Santos saw more life with the 1st team and he was more a groupie than a player

I think he's been a bit hard done by the club & Lucho...Does Gerard have things to improve upon, even if they've been talked about for years now?...Absolutely but this isn't like the club to loan talent away who have a future at the club, nevermind one so special...Is the thinking that he's so diehard blaugrana that he wouldn't consider leaving?...I think that sets a dangerous precedent

I suppose the good is that he's been calm albeit restrained in the media regarding this surprising turn of events - the fact that he didn't explode or show anger perhaps bodes well...Perhaps Lucho's idea to get him to work harder might take root with this tough love but, again, it could backfire

Completely agree! I want Barca to compete but its kind of hard to see so many players being brought and then a talent like Deulofeu being loaned out.

I hate to admit this but I feel like he has the type of attitude that will allow him to leave if he doesn't feel appreciated enough or doesn't play enough minutes.

He may support a club but if it hinders his development and future, he may not think its worth it.

Rahj

BvbD7NHCQAAnSq-.jpg:large

BvbD8J5CcAA-ivK.jpg:large

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

Rahj

he probably was. :D but anyway, i hope he gets at least 2000 mins this season. (he played 900 for everton).

F

Flavia

And he's going to score a hat trick, do the calma calma celebration, walk up to Lucho, laugh straight in his face, kiss the Sevilla crest, and declare he hopes to sign for Real Madrid when his loan with Sevilla expires.
You forgot the can of coke.

Home of Barca Fans