Gerard Deulofeu

El Flaco

Quotes taken from twitter account barcastuff_

- Deulofeu: "I've had to work hard to get here, because it is not easy to be part of this first-team, but I am really looking forward to it."

- Deulofeu: "I have always wanted to be at Barcelona. I am very strong and convinced that it will work out for me this time" #fcblive

- Deulofeu: "I have had many different experiences and I think I have improved as a person and a footballer" #fcblive [fcb]

- Deulofeu: "Now I am a different player and I will do my best to help this team" #fcblive [fcb]

- Deulofeu: "I will work hard every day and try to learn from the best as we try to win titles" #fcblive [fcb]

BBZ8800

I talked yesterday to a friend who is a fan of Ac Milan and who watches all of their matches and asked him about Deulofeu.
He said: "Oh, he was very good" and made an approving face gesture.
I asked: "Wasn't he selfish, somewhat dumb, dribbled too much?"
He replied: "Well, he was, but still, he was very dangerous and creating problems for the opponents all the time."

I said: isn't he like Quaresma?
He said: No. Deulofeu is way better than Quaresma. Quaresma will do the same trick 10 times in a row, even if he lost every ball. Deulofeu won't do that. Quaresma is dumb.
Me: isn't he driblling like an idiot like Halilovic?
He: No. He is miles better than Halilovic.

In general, he seemed as if he liked him a lot.

Anyway, my 2 cents from an Ac Milan's fan.

Last edited:

God Serena

I talked yesterday to a friend who is a fan of Ac Milan and who watches all of their matches and asked him about Deulofeu.
He said: "Oh, he was very good" and made an approving face gesture.
I asked: "Wasn't he selfish, somewhat dumb, dribbled too much?"
He replied: "Well, he was, but still, he was very dangerous and creating problems for the opponents all the time."

I said: isn't he like Quaresma?
He said: No. Deulofeu is way better than Quaresma. Quaresma will do the same trick 10 times in a row, even if he lost every ball. Deulofeu won't do that. Quaresma is dumb.
Me: isn't he driblling like an idiot like Halilovic?
He: No. He is miles better than Halilovic.

In general, he seemed as if he liked him a lot.

Anyway, my 2 cents from an Ac Milan's fan.

Well, he did play well for them for most of his time there. Most, anyways. And even during the time that he didn't he was still playing better than the overly selfish kid we saw in the U21's. This gives me hope that he can contribute here in some way under Valverde.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Well, he did play well for them for most of his time there. Most, anyways. And even during the time that he didn't he was still playing better than the overly selfish kid we saw in the U21's. This gives me hope that he can contribute here in some way under Valverde.

well its not like he can actually hog the ball or be selfish for an extended period of time with MSN on the pitch

God Serena

well its not like he can actually hog the ball or be selfish for an extended period of time with MSN on the pitch

I wouldn't be surprised tbh. I'm just hoping actually being out there with Messi stops him from thinking he is the Messi of his team.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi v Deulofeu will be like this

BMBtlcpCMAAoCCm.jpg

Trickykid

at his worst, he'll still contribute more than turan which is good enough for me.

Nonsense. As LW Arda did good last season - especially when he was awarded with consecutive starts in Neymar's absence. Deulofeu at his worst won't produce nowhere near those kind of displays that Arda is capable of. Hopefully we won't see much of Deulo at his worst, though.

I get why Arda is hated this much in here, as the guy is clearly a complete and utter moron, and his displays in midfield were fairly poor, but he's not even half as bad as some of you guys make him out to be. I do hope he'll be sold, mainly because of his moronic behavior, him being bad in midfield (and now being surplus as LW to an extent as well because of Deulo) and a last chance to recoup just a bit of the fee we shelled out for him, but as a strict LW backup, he's easily good enough to play for us.

serghei

Not a fan of Deulofeu but more think about it can see why may want him as an option compared to likes of Rafinha at RW.

Basically his pace and ability to drive at defenders if left one on one or left in space. Whereas Rafinha can virtually be left free and will cut inside more which is easier to defend narrow against.

I think Duelofeu will be the same player he always is and make the wrong decision seven/eight times out of ten but teams will still be wary of leaving him free on the right as can have moments to open things up. In theory that causes them not to be able to defend so compact and narrow towards middle and left and open more space up for likes of Ney/Suarez and Messi.

Yea, he is pure winger, as opposed to either of Rafinha, Denis or Arda. He is a good RW backup to have I think, but with pretty low chances of ever becoming starter material for us. Maybe with so many good players around him, he will cut down the selfishness and start making better choices on the field.

serghei

I liked how aggressively in a good way he entered in a top match in France - Spain a couple of months ago. We need that kind of impact from our subs tbh. Hope he can deliver that edge when will be counted on. Both him and Paco.

Zebulun

Nonsense. As LW Arda did good last season - especially when he was awarded with consecutive starts in Neymar's absence. Deulofeu at his worst won't produce nowhere near those kind of displays that Arda is capable of. Hopefully we won't see much of Deulo at his worst, though.

I get why Arda is hated this much in here, as the guy is clearly a complete and utter moron, and his displays in midfield were fairly poor, but he's not even half as bad as some of you guys make him out to be. I do hope he'll be sold, mainly because of his moronic behavior, him being bad in midfield (and now being surplus as LW to an extent as well because of Deulo) and a last chance to recoup just a bit of the fee we shelled out for him, but as a strict LW backup, he's easily good enough to play for us.

I Saw all of arda's matches and he was not good at LW. he mostly passes sideways or backwards. as a WINGER lol. I remember even in copa matches he was so bad, even alena, cardona who are full B teamers performed even better than him. so no he's not at the level required for our club.

Home of Barca Fans