Gerard Deulofeu

JamDav1982

His game seems to have matured

Really?

Did not look like that at all to me.

Not sure I have ever seen a player fuck up so many crosses in one game and give ball away cheaply time and again.

I thought he was awful regardless of the assist.

Barry got the assist. Probably right and not going to Lukaku if he never touched it.

Last edited:

Adversus

can't dis agree more.

It's a weird formation. We play with two strikers like a 4-4-2 but with only one winger on the right and an extra midfielder like in a 4-3-3. I think the idea is to get overloads all over the pitch but sometimes it just seems a bit too complicated for it's own good because it does tend to clog the middle of the 18 yard box making it very difficult to play through teams that park the bus.

Adversus

Not his night but still made the goal. He's young and will become more consistent. There was a lot of pressure this week with the Sky interview and coverage and Deulofeu does seem more mentally fragile than most and miscontrolling early on when he had a breakaway didn't help.

JamDav1982

Not his night but still made the goal. He's young and will become more consistent. There was a lot of pressure this week with the Sky interview and coverage and Deulofeu does seem more mentally fragile than most and miscontrolling early on when he had a breakaway didn't help.

Assist given to Barry.

J

Jamie Cal

Assist given to Barry.

he said "made the goal", which he did tbf.

also, bit harsh to say all he does is hug the touchline after some of the side splitting balls he played through to Lukaku for goals recently.

Granted, pretty meh tonght.

JamDav1982

he said "made the goal", which he did tbf.

also, bit harsh to say all he does is hug the touchline after some of the side splitting balls he played through to Lukaku for goals recently.

Granted, pretty meh tonght.

Where did I say 'all he does is hug touchline'?

That is where the vast majority of his play is and he for most part is line an old fashioned touchline winger for Everton. Even those players came inside sometimes.

He wasnt 'meh' tonight he was poor.

Catalan Fan

He's been decent lately from what I've seen, but tonight he reminded me of a young CR.Lots of quick footwork but little end product.It's frustrating to watch because he's obviously a talented player.

On a side note, I bet Jose wishes he still had Lukaku !

Adversus

He's been decent lately from what I've seen, but tonight he reminded me of a young CR.Lots of quick footwork but little end product.It's frustrating to watch because he's obviously a talented player.

On a side note, I bet Jose wishes he still had Lukaku !

Lukaku is the best striker in the premier league. I think that's 7 in 6 games (6 games in a row) in all competitions and 5 in a row in the league. He's coming after Vardy's record.

J

Jamie Cal

Where did I say 'all he does is hug touchline'?

That is where the vast majority of his play is and he for most part is line an old fashioned touchline winger for Everton. Even those players came inside sometimes.

He wasnt 'meh' tonight he was poor.

I was debunking "He still just goes for broke virtually every time he has ball" and "just a bit one dimensional. Dribble forward at full pace and cross ball no matter what."

You didn't directly say 'all he does is hug touchline', but you said "...touchline winger who crosses the ball at every opportunity...", isn't that what you were getting at?
A classic winger is his best position, sure, but he's done plenty this season to show that he has ability outside that imo. Plus, as someone else said, those (admittedly poor tonight) crosses are to get the best out of Lukaku. He's progressing pretty well all in all this season imo.

And why be pedantic over me saying he was meh? Not exactly a million miles away is it?

JamDav1982

I was debunking "He still just goes for broke virtually every time he has ball" and "just a bit one dimensional. Dribble forward at full pace and cross ball no matter what."

You didn't directly say 'all he does is hug touchline', but you said "...touchline winger who crosses the ball at every opportunity...", isn't that what you were getting at?
A classic winger is his best position, sure, but he's done plenty this season to show that he has ability outside that imo. Plus, as someone else said, those (admittedly poor tonight) crosses are to get the best out of Lukaku. He's progressing pretty well all in all this season imo.

And why be pedantic over me saying he was meh? Not exactly a million miles away is it?

No I dont think any traditional touchline winger ever stayed exclusively to the right wing but that is where they play for vast majority of game and their main aim was to get ball down and cross it into the box at every opportunity which is Deulofeus main role at Everton.

Tonight he broke the record for crosses attempted by any player in the past two years.

He shows very little ability to bring others into play in the build up and loses the ball a hell of a lot.

You never debunked anything.

El Flaco

Deulofeu's nutmeg on Yohan Cabaye

[gfy]OccasionalAgedGelding[/gfy]

Alternative Angle

[gfy]ReliableDenseGourami[/gfy]

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans