Gamper: Barca - Elche 1-0

serghei

Pjanic is a pretty vapid player. Outmoded type, there are really no space in football for his type anymore unless you have Xavi vision.

Looks like a slightly fitter Busquets, but it's too early to judge him. Reminds me of Busi in movements, I actually thought that was Busi until I saw he was Pjanic. :lol:.

JamDav1982

It still looks like the same old story. We seem slow. Yeah, we're pressing a little more..... we were pressing earlier on with Setien. I feel the players will eventually give up pressing as the season goes on. I just don't see how this squad wins anything this season. And it's not like we've played against decent sides in these friendlies.

Messi looks like he doesn't want to be there.

Dont agree.

Played well and had multiple threats in final third in comparison to last season.

Messi looked happy enough.

khaled_a_d

I prefer our line up after the subs, when we had Pjanic, FDJ with Dembele Coutinho Trincao in front of them and Messi as striker.

serghei

Messi was ok. He really needs to stop dropping deep when the team has possibilities to go forward. What's the point of dropping deep when you can stay up and receive the ball because there are possibilities to do so. He wants too much to pull the strings from deep, but he doesn't have the legs to be a midfielder. Just stay up and you will have chances to stand out and receive good service. Like he did a couple of times.

He is still technical enough to maneuver the ball in tight spaces and he can still shoot well, which makes him a threat at center forward position. At least against non-elite opposition.

BusiTheKing

Puig is easily more of an asset defensively than Pjanic. Covers more ground, quicker in tracking back. Has acceleration to deal with 1v1s.

xxxxxx

We've created loads of chances today. Would you say the same if it was 4-0?

It's Elche. We were also at home. I expect us to create a number of chances at home, especially against the terrible teams.

We pressed and created chances earlier on. But I just don't see us keeping that pressing up. If we play that pressing game against the better teams, we're going to get exposed.... due to us having a bad defense.

Home of Barca Fans