Gamper: Barca - Elche 1-0

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I disagree. Dont think he ever consistently folded defenders except for that game against Ukraine and that had more to do with how horrible that defender was. I Don't think it limits him at all , quite the opposite it makes use of his best qualities ( off ball movement and his finishing)

Today at least 4-5 times he created very clean separation in 1v1, with a very Neymar-esque posture. Dembele, even when he manages to succeed in his dribbles, looks like he is about to trip over his own feet with how high his stance is.

Off ball positioning and IQ are obviously strengths for Ansu, but floating into those positions from a wide base. Not just holding those positions consistently. He is faceup, not back to goal.

Great offball goalscorers aren't necessarily 9's. Mbappe, younger Neymar, etc. Even CR of all people was never a 9 despite "great off ball positioning and IQ" and a killer aerial game. It has to do with faceup vs back to goal being the focus of your strengths. Ansu likes his freedom of movement, a 9 is much more of a fixated position and has to work in specific areas.

xxxxxx

It still looks like the same old story. We seem slow. Yeah, we're pressing a little more..... we were pressing earlier on with Setien. I feel the players will eventually give up pressing as the season goes on. I just don't see how this squad wins anything this season. And it's not like we've played against decent sides in these friendlies.

Messi looks like he doesn't want to be there.

BusiTheKing

Pjanic is a pretty vapid player. Outmoded type, there are really no space in football for his type anymore unless you have Xavi vision.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Today at least 4-5 times he created very clean separation in 1v1, with a very Neymar-esque posture. Dembele, even when he manages to succeed in his dribbles, looks like he is about to trip over his own feet with how high his stance is.

Off ball positioning and IQ are obviously strengths for Ansu, but floating into those positions from a wide base. Not just holding those positions consistently. He is faceup, not back to goal.

Great offball goalscorers aren't necessarily 9's. Mbappe, younger Neymar, etc. Even CR of all people was never a 9 despite "great off ball positioning and IQ" and a killer aerial game. It has to do with faceup vs back to goal being the focus of your strengths. Ansu likes his freedom of movement, a 9 is much more of a fixated position and has to work in specific areas.

With how much interchanging is happening upfront it won't be that big of deal. Anyway let's just agree to disagree and see how he develops.

BusiTheKing

It still looks like the same old story. We seem slow. Yeah, we're pressing a little more..... we were pressing earlier on with Setien. I feel the players will eventually give up pressing as the season goes on. I just don't see how this squad wins anything this season. And it's not like we've played against decent sides in these friendlies.

Messi looks like he doesn't want to be there.

We've created loads of chances today. Would you say the same if it was 4-0?

Home of Barca Fans