Francesc "Tito" Vilanova

Stric

Taking out Xavi and Iniesta was his worse decision today. After that the team was even worse, and conceded 2x.

It was obviously a matter of admitting that after going down 1:0, it's over and the oldest/most important players should be rested. I don't think any of his subs today were an effort to improve the game.

DennyCrane

Taking out Xavi and Iniesta was his worse decision today. After that the team was even worse, and conceded 2x.

It was a signal of capitulation. It was obvious that Barca wouldn't score six, but he didn't even try to go for a draw at that point. Makes me kinda sad.

Michael

It was obviously a matter of admitting that after going down 1:0, it's over and the oldest/most important players should be rested. I don't think any of his subs today were an effort to improve the game.

You don't 'rest' players when you're down 5-0 in a CL-semi! It's utterly disgraceful, especially considering the league is done and there's no games to rest them for. He's a joke!

Stric

It was a signal of capitulation. It was obvious that Barca wouldn't score six, but he didn't even try to go for a draw at that point. Makes me kinda sad.

It was also the logical thing to do, IMHO. The game could have ended differently, but the tie was over. No reason to keep your best and oldest players on the pitch.

You don't 'rest' players when you're down 5-0 in a CL-semi! It's utterly disgraceful, especially considering the league is done and there's no games to rest them for. He's a joke!

Hey, I get it, I'm just saying what I think was the reason behind it.

khaled_a_d

That's some nonsense, Tito did not bought Cesc nor Alexis... if you´re talking about bringing players in then look at the reality.

Pep could not win against Real in the end and Chelsea (lol) stopped Barca, if Pep stayed doubt he would win against this Bayern.

The material Tito had to deal with is just poor, and with Puyol and Messie out.... not even 3 Peps could have done a better job.

Stop the irrational hate.

This is true ,that said ,I can't say he did a good job in the CL this year outside Milan away game
I won't mind him staying another year with much improved team

F

Flavia

Rested for what? La liga? No need for that. I still don't get why he did it. He should've subbed cesc and pedro.

Stric

Rested for what? La liga? No need for that. I still don't get why he did it. He should've subbed cesc and pedro.

Considering what we've been seeing lately, I wouldn't be surprised if we managed to lose the race for La Liga. :lol:

Not rested as in rested for the next game, just rested in general. In order to avoid injury etc.

Maybe he wanted to save them the humiliation. :lol:

F

Flavia

Considering what we've been seeing lately, I wouldn't be surprised if we managed to lose the race for La Liga. :lol:

Not rested as in rested for the next game, just rested in general. In order to avoid injury etc.

Maybe he wanted to save them the humiliation. :lol:

5 games left. 15 points, Barça only needs 5, 3 games at home. I can't see that happening. He was clueless with the subs, again.

Stric

It was more of a joke, really. But theoretically it's possible. One of our next game is an away game against Atletico. If Madrid win their next 4 games, they'll be at 86 points. If we lose 3 and draw 1 of the next 4, we'll be at 86, too. It's highly unlikely, but it's possible. Again, it was more of a joke, but just to illustrate. It's not the number of points, it's about getting them sooner than anyone else does.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'm starting to have my doubts about Tito too but it's too early to completely write him off. A traumatizing loss like this can change him and cause him to know what's wrong and fix it with redemption in his mind. We'll see how he renovates the squad during the transfer window and what tactical fixes he makes.

Also, don't always believe what you hear from a press conference from Tito. He's known to be a very reserved person and doesn't enjoy revealing much to the press (hence why he let Roura do the press-talking).

Moe-23

I highly doubt we'd lose the league, relax on that on. We're not crumbling here, its just we played against a better team that taught us our weaknesses, if the manager and board are smart, they'll look into these weakness and invest smartly over the summer to fix these weaknesses. Bayern themselves are a great example of this, after their unexpected loss in the final last year, they spent smartly over the summer and got some really good players, barca should try doing the same. Thats how you bounce back from humiliation, nothing else really. All that can be done now is to focus fully on the next league game and rebound from these tough two games against bayern.

Visca El Barca!

Doobs

The Messiah
Quoting ZM-

"This was an embarrassment for Barcelona – such a heavy defeat raises a number of questions about strategy, personnel and overall management. They lacked organisation in a number of respects, but while Vilanova has returned to the bench in the last few weeks, the long-term effect of the three-month period Barcelona spent without him shouldn’t be underestimated. Management is about more than instructing players immediately before, and during, individual matches, and any side’s season would suffer without their coach emphasising important principles day in, day out for such an extended period"

Stric

What bothers me the most, more than the 7-0 aggregate and losing the CL race, more than losing the CdR and the Supercopa, maybe even more than just playing worse than before in general, is the fact that Tito pretty much screwed some youngsters' development and wasted an entire year of theirs. Seriously, though, his management of Montoya and Bartra (and Tello to a lesser extent) is inexplicably, incredibly, absolutely horrid. Even more so considering the fact that he's supposed to be of the same breed as Pep, the type of coach who comes from the club, who cares about the youth academy and integrates them into the first team as much and as possible, etc. I would expect something like this (this kind of systematical ignoring of youngsters) from a big name coach who's used to just spending huge money and bringing in players he wants, someone like Mourinho or Mancini or whoever, but not from Tito. For me, this is the biggest surprise and disappointment regarding his season as manager.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans