Francesc "Tito" Vilanova

Cule4life

The Culest
That's some nonsense, Tito did not bought Cesc nor Alexis... if you´re talking about bringing players in then look at the reality.

Pep could not win against Real in the end and Chelsea (lol) stopped Barca, if Pep stayed doubt he would win against this Bayern.

The material Tito had to deal with is just poor, and with Puyol and Messie out.... not even 3 Peps could have done a better job.

Stop the irrational hate.

Would Pep have done the following things?

Keep playing Sanchez and Pedro over Villa and Tello
Not enough rotation and giving chances to Montoya, Bartra
Play Messi when not fit against Bayern
Overplaying Xavi and Puyol
Lack of pressing from the front 6
Keep playing false 9 when its clearly not working
Allow the team to make same mistakes in defending again and again

These games will definitely shut up idiots who said Pep didnt do anything and won just because of the players

Meitux

i think he needs to step out,we need a real coach.Not put someone there because he was Pep's assistant and we dont want to play other tacticts.So i think he is there just to be there...

utility73

Earlier in this thread I wrote that Tito should state if he is fit again because if he is I thought he'd be able to do this job.
So he said he is fine but the factoids he created with his performance as coach in this CL semifinal made me change my mind.
I now think it would be best for him to go anyway. Maybe this just the frustration speaking after Barça getting their asses handed to them by Bayern, twice, in every regard, tactical, motivational, .. but right now I am very sceptical that Tito has it in him to make the changes necessary for Barça to get back on track for next season.

ricknattery

That's some nonsense, Tito did not bought Cesc nor Alexis... if you´re talking about bringing players in then look at the reality.

Pep could not win against Real in the end and Chelsea (lol) stopped Barca, if Pep stayed doubt he would win against this Bayern.

The material Tito had to deal with is just poor, and with Puyol and Messie out.... not even 3 Peps could have done a better job.

Stop the irrational hate.

Pep failed in one season after 3 of the best seasons this club ever had, so I dont get your point of trying to bash last Pep season to defend Tito
Pep brought Alexis and Cesc, Tito brought Song when he could've bought a CB. He overplays Messi when the league was won weeks ago. Pep never lost in Santiago Bernabeu. Tito has lost ALL battles against Madrid and any top side for that matter
The amount of negative things Tito has on him surely overpass the good ones. Dont even mention Tito and Pep in the same sentence. You are not doing Tito a favor

DucdeOrléans

Tito should step down for various reasons. One of them being that he is simply not a good enough manager. He lacks the charisma, presence and leadership. He also seems like a mediocre motivator. Moreover there have been persistent rumors of him not being able to lead the dressing room and apparently several players have complained about the lack of leadership that sorrounds the team/squad. All aspects that Pep more or less perfected during his stint.

Tito was and probably still is a great ASSISTANT manager but that is not sufficient to be a manager for FC Barcelona and to replace the legend that is Pep. In hindsight the appointment of Tito was a bad choice. It also came out of nowhere and was a huge surprise, overall. The continuation of the project Pep started, in the form of Tito, was always going to be a cheap imitation. The team needed something new. A new direction, new ideas and new inspiration. None of that has happened nor was it something unexpected the day Tito was appointed.

We all know that football evolves around cycles. That of Pep was something truly extraordinary and was not going to last forever or continue the day he left. Sure, the current setup and its fundamentals that have made this club the most successful in Europe in the last 20 years should not be changed nor will they. The point is though that the club could use NEW IDEAS. They are not going to come under Tito.

I am sorry to say this but I really think that we could use a new manager. Most mangers that would be willing to coach us/be deemed good enough would probably do wonders or at least perform as well as Tito has with those players at disposable and the clubs excellent setup. As long as they would have a right man that knows the club in and out next to them. Ironically a Tito type would be ideal.

I can only think of one manager/person who could make the "revolution" needed and give us more or less instant success. His name is Mourinho. Obviously that is not going to happen but the thought is interesting nevertheless regardless of the hatred/ridiculous critique that Mourinho naturally gets on this forum for obvious reasons. Although this is a completely different discussion.

What I still insist in is that a managerial change is needed and that Tito is not likely to be the right choice on the long run. Unfortunately since Tito is a barcelonista and a very sympathetic character much like Roura btw.

Most importantly Tito has had MUCH more important issues to think about this season - his cancer. That will probably also be haunting him, unfortunately, for some time since it is still unresolved.

Anyway we all know that Tito is not going anywhere (unfortunately IMO) but at least this 0-7 defeat over the two legs should or rather must force the club and staff to react in some way. So, as painfully as it may sound, then this trashing is a better thing than a narrow defeat since the latter would probably not cause major changes as this trashing hopefully will.

I would love nothing more than to be wrong and for users to quote this post in the future to show how wrong I was. But there is very little that tells me that this will ever happen.

Last edited:

Mr Hulot

Vilanova: "Every squad needs to be changed, but we have a good squad. We don't need a lot of changes, and to recover some players"

It looks like we are going only for 2-3 transfers..

Micah

Tito must be one awful Motivator, A trait a manager must posses the most. This match was more about pride than anything else. 7-0 is just unforgivable. Tito needs some fucking motivation in the 1st place, he never should have taken iniesta and Xavi off, what was he thinking, giving chances for youngsters when were going to get embarrassed even more.

I honestly think he needs to leave. De boer would be a great choice,He's a top coach and a great personality. you have to applaud the fearlessness he showed against City. I still remember his pre match press conference. Was taunting City at times.
He's served this club well as a Player and now has been doing a great job at Ajax. would be a great replacement. Laudrup or pallegrini could also be a good choice.

I just hope we move on from Tito, he did a good job, but we need a bigger personality.

Last edited:

USWAY

Ofc he would say that with the biggest change required is him being gone

It's what I worried about when we appointed him manager, but towards the beginning of the season it hadn't reared it's ugly head. It was pretty clear last year that Barcelona needed someone from the outside to come in and give a fresh perspective on the club and players, no a watered down version of Pep.

F

Frejsgodes

Vilanova: "Every squad needs to be changed, but we have a good squad. We don't need a lot of changes, and to recover some players.

Man, he can't be serious? Not a lot of changes? What kind of deluded coach is he?

Is he hoping Puyol can suddenly stay healthy and perform? Or is he referring to Masch, a converted DM, who'll be the one we need at CB?

This is very worrying.

Last edited:

Mr Hulot

Vilanova: "Bayern are physically at a great level. We've been having injuries the whole season, at this level you pay for that."

Another gem from Tito. Is he in denial? Didn't he see that we were completely outplayed? Injuries played only a small part, but with such an attitude nothing will change..

F

Flavia

Taking out Xavi and Iniesta was his worse decision today. After that the team was even worse, and conceded 2x.

Home of Barca Fans