Francesc "Tito" Vilanova

spark

He can't play 60 matches, and he played 46 matches this season, according to the official site. 5 on cdr, where he should had rested, imo. But the problem with the lack of throughballs I think it's due to tactics. Pedro and Alexis are not doing those runs, he has no one to pass to. But he still got as many assists as Alexis and Cesc, 12. Just behind Messi and Iniesta.

Pedro yes but Aexis makes those runs every game, even more than Villa.What happened is before the last two months of the season he would usually either fall or miss the chance or both.

barcanuck

It is not delusion it is confidence, I still believe we do have the best 11 in the world, there is no need changing things that don't need changing. Being confident in themselves will not make them weaker, they know there were bested but are smart enough to see that it won't take much to turn it around.

As for the players you mentioned, Xavi is still as good as ever though can't play as often so rotation will be important, Pique needs someone like Puyol alongside him and I think that man is Thiago Silva, a partnership of Pique and Silva would be as good as any other in the world. Pedro is still only 25 and as he is showing for Spain is still a wonderful player, with Neymar in the team it will help Pedro. Villa has been replaced by Neymar who I think will totally transform the attack for the better. Puyol will hopefully be replaced by Silva and Alves by Montoya otherwise I think the team is fine.

Valdes

Montoya Pique Silva Alba

Busquets

Xavi Iniesta

Pedro Messi Neymar​

This line-up would be the best on paper in the world, and it is up to Tito to get the best from those players and I think he will. Montoya will provide balance in defence, Pique and Silva can bring out the best from each other as I feel their style would complement the others. Alba can form a great partnership with Neymar on the left, The midfield is still the best no doubt about it. The front line is exceptional, there is so much flair, skill and imagination and I can't wait to see them in full flow.

Changes need to be made and players brought in, but not many. I am very confident that the team will be back stronger than ever next season if the necessary signings are made.

I like your confidence here. The key is to improve our physical presence on defense and getting Silva is complex. If it happens I think we can beat Bayern.

serghei

Even past his very best, he's still better than most midfielders, including cesc and thiago. I think many are dismissing Xavi way too early. He needs rest, but it's not like he forgot how to play, all of a sudden. With Spain and proper tactics, against uruguay, he was that Xavi again.

You're blaming Tito for Xavi's form last season?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Our problems wont simply be solved by getting a CB

Discussed this before.
Way I see it, problem is; without the ball - collective lack of pressing. With the ball - no sense of urgency. And then, having the team exhausted when it mattered the most due to lack of rotation.

Stric

I think they said they're aware he'll have to be absent from time to time... so I don't think it's a one-time deal, either.

Stric

Yep... this is why I don't understand why people are so suprised. The club administration talked about it loud and clear. I'm pretty sure he'll have to leave several times during the season.

0n0mat0p0eia

As I've already said, Tito should be put on paid medical leave with a temporary replacement brought in until:
a) he gets back to full fitness, or
b) he resigns due to illness.

It happens all the time in any other workplace. We could get a temporary manager in for 12/18/24 months to see how things pan out.

Tito would then come back, or a replacement would be appointed.

Jupp Heynckes is at a loose end too.

Home of Barca Fans