Francesc "Tito" Vilanova

ceefoo

Both him and Roura seems to be very passive.
That's the image that they exhibit whenever I see them in press-conferences. At times Tito seems to be almost sleepy. I don't know if this is because of the cancer treatment, but if he were my coach, he wouldn't inspire me to even make a cup of tea.:coffee:

Is this his public persona, or is he always like this? Heaven forbid!:slap:

I'd fire him right away.
Should we lose Thiago, imo their positions would be untenable.

El Guaje

Jupp Heynckes was also pretty terribly rated when Bayern went trophyless.. But guess what he learned. He trained the team harder, he rotated the team more as well. Before that, boateng and badstuber were the usuals for the entire season, till their rivals knew their mistakes clearly. Jurgen Klopp on that same year also failed to bring Dortmund to get a chance in the champions league. Look where they last stop.

So I hope you guys would be patient for Tito. He's no Guardiola, but he's Tito.

Regarding about the big losses, it had to happen anyways. Look on the bright side, at least we didn't end up trophyless.

What Heynckes and Klopp did before does not matter. They are irrelevant. And also, they were in a completely different situation.
Tito has had since 08/09 to learn about the team he is coaching atm.

Tito is Tito yeah, and he sucks. We didnt end up trophyless but the fact remains that Barca failed miserably in the big games.

That's the image that they exhibit whenever I see them in press-conferences. At times Tito seems to be almost sleepy. I don't know if this is because of the cancer treatment, but if he were my coach, he wouldn't inspire me to even make a cup of tea.:coffee:

Is this his public persona, or is he always like this? Heaven forbid!:slap:

Should we lose Thiago, imo their positions would be untenable.

Haha yeah, its like hes walking around like a zombie. Its a huuuuge difference compared to Pep and other top coaches. I havent even seen him lift a finger.

Barcafan 2304

I hsve nothing against tito and wish him the best but barcelona need to give thought to next season. Health issues are still prevalent but is he the man to lead us forward? Big question mark

serghei

I'd fire him too if we lose Thiago. I mean, seriously, renewal for Bartra and not for Thiago. Is he on crystal meth or smth?

Take a look at redcafe.net, to see how excited United fans are regarding the probable transfer of Thiago to Manchester. And they should be, what a gem of a player.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I'd fire him too if we lose Thiago. I mean, seriously, renewal for Bartra and not for Thiago. Is he on crystal meth or smth?

Take a look at redcafe.net, to see how excited United fans are regarding the probable transfer of Thiago to Manchester. And they should be, what a gem of a player.

Tito's not the one responsible for the renewals of players.

serghei

@Flavia, players are offered renewal contracts only when they are wanted by the manager. I've been watching football for 20 years and I've rarely seen such a poor handling of a brilliant talent like this Thiago case. The fact that we could lose Alcantara leaves me speechless.

JamDav1982

The blame on Tito is unreal.

Going to far.

He made mistakes but Barca won the league back by a record margin...... no supposedly that was all Messi.

F

Flavia

@Flavia, players are offered renewal contracts only when they are wanted by the manager. I've been watching football for 20 years and I've rarely seen such a poor handling of a brilliant talent like this Thiago case. The fact that we could lose Alcantara leaves me speechless.

He is under a contract right now. And his contract is not ending. Why renew? The problem is the buyout clause.

Galning

No, toilets aren't his to handle. Players, unfortunately, are.

So offering Bartra a new contract is outrageous? Offering Bartra a new contract has nothing to do with Thiago. Thiago didn't need a new deal because he still has one.
Is the Thiago transfer saga a joke? Yes, just to be clear. But it has nothing to do with Bartra's contract, let alone with how the contracts are being handled at the moment. It's that stupid buy-out clause and the fact that Tito didn't bother playing him in the last couple of games.

serghei

Almost as well documented as the Messi-dependencia of Pep's Barça.

Right. So, what went wrong in Pep's last year, now is even worse in Tito's first year. Some progress.

So offering Bartra a new contract is outrageous? Offering Bartra a new contract has nothing to do with Thiago. Thiago didn't need a new deal because he still has one.
Is the Thiago transfer saga a joke? Yes, just to be clear. But it has nothing to do with Bartra's contract, let alone with how the contracts are being handled at the moment. It's that stupid buy-out clause and the fact that Tito didn't bother playing him in the last couple of games.

No. What's outrageous is that we are willing to keep Bartra, but "donate" Thiago to a huge european rival. Silly me, I though presents are supposed to be given only on Christmas.

Last edited:

Galning

No. What's outrageous is that we are willing to keep Bartra, but "donate" Thiago to a huge european rival. Silly me, I though presents are supposed to be given only on Christmas.

As I said, I agree that the Thiago saga is a joke. That said, it has nothing to do with contract renewals. What does Bartra has to do with this? You are saying "Huhn no renewal for Thiago?" when the problem is not that they didn't offer him a new contract, it's that his current contract contains a release clause that's been handled very badly.

Home of Barca Fans