Francesc "Tito" Vilanova

F

Flavia

The Thiago saga is Tito's opportunity to regain some favour with the Barca fans. If Tito can secure Thiago's future at Barca, he will go some way to repairing the damage he has caused with his poor handling of this player.

However, going by Tito's blasé comments surrounding Thiago, it disturbs me that he is not that bothered if the player leaves. I have just about ZERO faith in this coaches judgment of young players and should we end up losing Thiago for a pitiful 18m, I would be finished with Tito.
I think Tito rates Cesc more, or prefers Cesc because he was his youth coach. Tito doesn't seem to rate Thiago that much, imo. So I won't be surprised if he makes no effort to keep him.

Than Tito doesn't know what the hell he's doing. Thiago is a unique player.

This. Thiago's our best prospect (except MAYBE Neymar) and most likely Xavi's replacement. If Tito seriously doesn't rate Thiago or makes no effort to keep him, he should be sacked. Especially if Thiago does leave.

Btw, the board need to do everything they can to make sure Thiago stays. If that means selling Cesc (as much as I think that is unnecessary), increasing Thiago's wages, sacking Tito, or all 3, so be it. Why haven't they even tried to offer him a new contract yet? :facepalm:

Last edited:

oz187

1) Loyalty. we don't fire a coach after one year ending with a 100-point liga. Granted, he should not and does not get much of the credit for that.

The summer signings were only a left-back and a backup DM. Tito changed the tactics and the way the team played to one that got better results. Why shouldn't he get the credit for getting the points record?

The summer signings were only a left-back and a backup DM. Tito changed the tactics and the way the team played to one that got better results. Why shouldn't he get the credit for getting the points record?

Maybe because Madrid were shit (making La Liga easy) and because Messi had to bail him out constantly?

And don't even get me started on our shit performances in big games. Or his shit handling of youngsters. The reason the rumors about Thiago leaving exist.

Last edited:

Meitux

Sure,100 points is a positive but the general image of Tito is very negative..I dont think it will be so easy next season..

barcanuck

Tito needs to be there for a whole season in full health. He also needs some more size and strength to be able to defeat CL teams.

It will be intresting to see how many minutes and starts he gives Neymar.

El Guaje

100 pts means f**k all when the team failed miserably in pretty much every big game. We got out asses handed by Real Madrid (while Pep pretty much had a monopoly against them), we lost to a mediocre Milan side by 2-0, barely made it through vs PSG and got totally raped by Bayern while he stood there doing nothing. Both him and Roura seems to be very passive.

I'd fire him right away.

serghei

This. Thiago's our best prospect (except MAYBE Neymar) and most likely Xavi's replacement. If Tito seriously doesn't rate Thiago or makes no effort to keep him, he should be sacked. Especially if Thiago does leave.

Btw, the board need to do everything they can to make sure Thiago stays. If that means selling Cesc (as much as I think that is unnecessary), increasing Thiago's wages, sacking Tito, or all 3, so be it. Why haven't they even tried to offer him a new contract yet? :facepalm:

Xavi wasn't as good as Thiago when he was 22.

Faceless

No more faces at night
100 pts means f**k all when the team failed miserably in pretty much every big game. We got out asses handed by Real Madrid (while Pep pretty much had a monopoly against them), we lost to a mediocre Milan side by 2-0, barely made it through vs PSG and got totally raped by Bayern while he stood there doing nothing. Both him and Roura seems to be very passive.

I'd fire him right away.

Jupp Heynckes was also pretty terribly rated when Bayern went trophyless.. But guess what he learned. He trained the team harder, he rotated the team more as well. Before that, boateng and badstuber were the usuals for the entire season, till their rivals knew their mistakes clearly. Jurgen Klopp on that same year also failed to bring Dortmund to get a chance in the champions league. Look where they last stop.

So I hope you guys would be patient for Tito. He's no Guardiola, but he's Tito.

Regarding about the big losses, it had to happen anyways. Look on the bright side, at least we didn't end up trophyless.

ryuken

Jupp Heynckes was also pretty terribly rated when Bayern went trophyless.. But guess what he learned. He trained the team harder, he rotated the team more as well. Before that, boateng and badstuber were the usuals for the entire season, till their rivals knew their mistakes clearly. Jurgen Klopp on that same year also failed to bring Dortmund to get a chance in the champions league. Look where they last stop.

So I hope you guys would be patient for Tito. He's no Guardiola, but he's Tito.

Regarding about the big losses, it had to happen anyways. Look on the bright side, at least we didn't end up trophyless.

He is Tito? So? That implies he has talent or sth?

Home of Barca Fans