Francesc "Tito" Vilanova

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Not about sympathy. How does 'Mes que an club - except if you have cancer' suit for our new ethos?

No one's firing him because he has cancer, and it's not like the club is just turning their back on him either. It's simply assessing whether he's up to the job. Why would someone let him continue to put the club in a decline just because he's part of the Barca family? I love the guy, I respect his courage to return, but none of that changes the fact that he hasn't done a good job and if he continues this way next season, he shouldn't be Barca's manager.

F

Flavia

Last thing I read on sport said he came back really happy for ny yesterday. Results were positive. So he's staying.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty disappointed with the man management. Not selecting Montoya, Thiago or Tello is their tecnical decision but failing to communicate properly is inexcusable. Noone even talking with Muniesa about his future or the latest cynical comments on Thiago being latest examples, that we know of.

We can get Neymar turning out good, or bolster the backline with Thiago Silva, but it won't solve Barca problems. We were always physically inferior but the players used to work harder than opponents. Motivation is a serious problem manifesting in general lack of urgency and pressing in our game.
My prediction is: We'll be seeing more of the same next season. Team fighting for trophies on their sheer talent but still slowly circling in the sink.

R

rivaldo10

We need new ideas. All the good teams will shit on us next season because nobody is scared anymore of sideways passing tika taka.

Without Messi we are not a real team and this is a BIG problem and this BIG problem will not go away when tito stays who has it just to easy with a player like messi.

The two games against bayern just showed how bad he is just standing on the sideline and putting Villa on in the 82th min.

That people on here defend him and say he should get another year because he fought cancer is just insane.

Another year with him is a wasted one for players like Messi iniesta and busqets.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Yeah, but who is he? Why should he sway diehard fans of Tito, as you put it, with his supposedly such detailed article?

Dunno maybe because he is analyzing facts and tactics properly and not swinging at thin air like you. As i said diehard fans of Tito wont be swayed and youre just proving it right :lol:

JimmyGuitarist

Dunno maybe because he is analyzing facts and tactics properly and not swinging at thin air like you. As i said diehard fans of Tito wont be swayed and youre just proving it right :lol:
I'm not swinging at thin air. Adi-Oula Sebastian isn't a qualified enough man to have any sort of power to sway people's minds on Tito.

Silver

In few years everyone will remember Villanova as the guy distrusting unprooven youngsters from la masia. He only selects people by their name... and their "history".

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Pretty disappointing to see Tello come on with 7 minutes left, hard to comprehend...Not just because he's deserved more minutes but because of Asspanyol's high line could've been exploited - why on earth did he not respond earlier to this?...Bizarre

Cule4life

The Culest
Where are his supporters now who said that people writing hard truths about him are not "qualified" enough to have their opinions heard? Making such stupid decisions makes me wonder if he's good enough to manage a 4th division side let alone Barca :angry:

Rosell has achieved his aim of Neymarketing this season. Now he will kick back with a cigar without much caring about important issues like a new manager, a CB and a GK

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty disappointing to see Tello come on with 7 minutes left, hard to comprehend...Not just because he's deserved more minutes but because of Asspanyol's high line could've been exploited - why on earth did he not respond earlier to this?...Bizarre

It's not that hard to comprehend when you look at it from Tito's standpoint. He knows that despite winning La Liga, Barca under-performed this season and suffered worst embarrassment in 20 years so he needs the record and thus takes minimal risks in selecting the squad.

ceefoo

I think it is incredibly selfish of Tito to stay on as coach, knowing he will not be able to give the job his full attention.

What if (heaven forbid) he relapses again at crucial point next season and we are again dumped with Jordi "Moon-chin" Roura?

So everyone else has to suffer. Sorry, I don't mean to sound heartless, but that's BULLSHIT!

He should reach an arrangement with Rosell so he would be allowed to return as coach ONLY when he is in full remission and once the replacement Barca Coach's contract expires. And even then it should be a rolling contract, given our epic failures in the big matches this season.

Home of Barca Fans