France Football accuses Qatar of bribing votes for the 2022 World Cup

tikitaka

just keep it in Europe/America. for obvious reasons such as time zone (fair to every body), security, and climate. there shouldn't be no rotation or whatsoever

DB10

just keep it in Europe/America. for obvious reasons such as time zone (fair to every body), security, and climate. there shouldn't be no rotation or whatsoever

It's the WORLD CUP...it should at one point be hosted in the major parts of the world, that's why it should look to go to places like Iran. A place with a immense history, a cradle of civilisation and the people are crazy for football, but it would never happen because of the political climate and security issues.

King Leo

Banned
I knew it all along, Qatar wont get the WC at the end. The whole idea was part of a new middle east where Qatar had a great deal in shaping it but now that it is over so is the WC deal. UK is fighting to get it and I hope US steps up with a CANADA/US partnership to appeal for the voters. This will do wonders for the sport in North America.

Last edited:

Jenks

I doubt FIFA would welcome a four-nation bid so I doubt the UK will be in for it :thumbsup2:

Kerrybai

I doubt FIFA would welcome a four-nation bid so I doubt the UK will be in for it :thumbsup2:

England could go in for it though.

Brazil 2014
Russia 2018
???????2022
Europe 2026
Argentina/Uruguay 2030

I reckon Fifa might want to do a special centenary World Cup for 2030 back in Uruguay where it began. They have Europe in 2018 so 2022 surely has to be outside of Europe and if they plan to do 2030 in South America then I can see Europe getting 2026 as well. 2022 looks nailed on for the US or Australia if they re vote. I think Japan and Korea may go for it too but would lose out as they held it in 2002. Anywhere else that could host it? Maybe China? Or perhaps a wild card like Canada or somewhere else in the middle east/africa?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Africa got it in 2010. Can't see any country in the middle east being fit to host it. Maybe if Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Ajman does it together as the UAE bid, but then again, it might turn into the same as Qatar and all that

Jenks

I wonder how long before India makes a bid. Would be a massive, relatively untouched market for football.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
India got massive potential, but they have other problems to solve, just like every country in the sub-continent and like Brazil now.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I wonder how long before India makes a bid. Would be a massive, relatively untouched market for football.

In India cricket is the the main sport same as in Pakistan although football looks to be growing gradually in popularity apart from the WC

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Fifa may well copy Uefa and hold a world cup in several cities across many countries in one continent.

tikitaka

India?! come on now its not cricket world cup, although it won't be good for that either.
i'd love to see it in spain/portugal thats what i call perfect for summer destination

Crixus

I hate Qatar so fking badly (personal reasons) but seriously why is everybody against the idea of a Middle Eastern country hosting the WC ? i hope Qatar get stripped and if it set for a Middle Eastern country to host the 2022 WC i hope it's UAE .

Home of Barca Fans