Fiorentina

Fishdoll

Bakalao
Nolan can answer more fully but he was awfully good during the game I saw at the Franchi in November. Seems to be scoring more goals than most defenders, as well.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Would like that signing but Bolton is playing hardball apparently, if anything that one will be done over the summer. Supposedly they are also approached you guys about Skrtel, have no idea why we'd need another CB when we just signed Compper though, especially since he wouldn't be cheap.

Skrtel signed a new contract in the summer so I doubt that. Alonso is good defensively but I wouldn't expect much offensively from him.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
hows roncagglia doing?

He slowed down lately thanks to rotations and suspensions but he's still good and a fan favourite. Basically the same guy he was at Boca - all action, occasionally overzealous or out of position, but typically makes up for whatever mistakes he makes through hustle and his offensive contributions. Not as consistent as Gonzalo but the first choice for the right side of the defense.

Skrtel signed a new contract in the summer so I doubt that. Alonso is good defensively but I wouldn't expect much offensively from him.

Alonso has played on the wing before though, right? We need someone to rotate with/eventually replace Pasqual, which means more well rounded play than all out offense. Cuadrado on the right is for attacking.

Cule4life

The Culest
@La furia
Seeing Fiorentina doing so well what are your expectations from the season? And are Fiorentina the Atletico of Serie A?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
@La furia
Seeing Fiorentina doing so well what are your expectations from the season? And are Fiorentina the Atletico of Serie A?

I don't think top 3 is a possibility, qualifying for the Europa League and building from there is more likely. They've exceeded my expectations so far but haven't had a good start to 2013.

I would say Fiorentina is more the Villarreal of a few years ago of Serie A, with the focus on bringing in a lot of sleeper talent and not one star as well as the focus on attacking football, but with a bigger history and more potential for growth (and hopefully not relegation). I see some similarities between Montella and Simeone though. I think Serie A is entering something of another Seven Sisters era, with Juve, Milan, Inter, Napoli, Roma, Lazio and Fiorentina all competitive.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Momo Sissoko signs for Fiorentina. Didn't even know he still plays football.

Shit player for a shit team I guess.

Sergio

Sergison
Not that bad a move, its only a loan right? And he does come with the level of experience Viola need to push up the higher parts of the table.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Not that bad a move, its only a loan right? And he does come with the level of experience Viola need to push up the higher parts of the table.

Loan with a buy option I think, since I hear the number 3.5M thrown around. That makes a lot more sense, low risk, decentish reward move again, our specialty. Interesting to see if this means a formation change.

Sergio

Sergison
Maybe no bad thing, they have been good so far this season and playing nicely too. But it does feel like they have been found out these past few rounds. A bit of variation in their shape could be just the thing to get back on track.

Not that I want that mind you, for purely self interest reasons.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Fiorentina doing very well atm, always been a nice side to watch over the past few seasons, pity they can't manage to get themselves into the champions league.

Montella has a nice style with a very cool team & arguable there best player been out for so long in Guiseppe Rossi, they are much better than the Napoli & Udinese's of this world that make it to the CL, shame really.

Had a tough run of games recently, came out on top in all, coming up against Roma in the europa league, should be a good watch.

rumors are it's Montella's last season at Fiorentina, he'd be a good pickup for many of clubs. Including my team.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They play nice football too. And Montella is quite a surprise. He looked like a plain douche as a player, never thought he had it in him.

Home of Barca Fans