Fiorentina

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
It seems Montella prefers starting Savic over Tomovic now. I prefer Tomovic who is less mistake prone but Savic is our best defender in the air and is also a bit more skilled - going with Montella's attacking philosophy. But Savic has been more good than bad but his decision making isn't always great leading to a few dangerous mistakes. He's no Nastasic but with the new found depth back there Nastasic isn't missed the way everyone thought he'd be.

It sucks Aquilani is injured again, they were better with him than without him - he adds an element of directness in his passing, and is also a great shooter, but with Mati Fernandez around they will be fine without him. I love this depth.

He's only out about 10 days too, there's a chance he will be back to get revenge on Roma.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
It seems Montella prefers starting Savic over Tomovic now. I prefer Tomovic who is less mistake prone but Savic is our best defender in the air and is also a bit more skilled - going with Montella's attacking philosophy. But Savic has been more good than bad but his decision making isn't always great leading to a few dangerous mistakes. He's no Nastasic but with the new found depth back there Nastasic isn't missed the way everyone thought he'd be.

It sucks Aquilani is injured again, they were better with him than without him - he adds an element of directness in his passing, and is also a great shooter, but with Mati Fernandez around they will be fine without him. I love this depth.

He's only out about 10 days too, there's a chance he will be back to get revenge on Roma.

I'm gutted we didn't keep Aquilani, i love his game + he & his girlfriend are probably the best looking couple on the universe.

I'm pissed how Milan treated him after he did so well for us, he did play a part in it though coming back unfit & slightly chubby. But we would be a very decent side if we had him instead of Nocerino.

Ah well Fiorentina's gain.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Riccardo_Montolivo.jpg

One of Fiorentina's all time greats.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
La Viola ends 2012 with the 3rd most goals scored, 4th least goals conceded and 2nd best goal difference in Serie A. In fact, with 35 points in 18 games or 1.9 points per game, Fiorentina is tied with Inter and Chelsea for 11th most points per game in big European leagues - ahead of Real Madrid (the unreal Barcelona leads Europe with 2.88 points per game). Not bad for a team with the smallest budget of any of these teams on this list.

1. Barcelona 2.88 (49 points in 17 games)
2. Bayern M. 2.47 (42 in 17)
3. Juventus 2.44 (44 IN18)
4. Man Utd 2.39 (43 in 18)
5. Atl. Madrid 2.35 (40 in 17)
6. Man City 2.17 (39 in 18)
7. Psg 2.00 (38 in 19)
7. Lyon 2.00 (38 in 19)
7. Lazio 2.00 (36 in 18)
7. Marseille 2.00 (38 in 19)
11. Fiorentina 1.94 (35 in 18)
11. Inter 1.94 (35 in 18)
11. Chelsea 1.94 (35 in 18)
14. Bayer L. 1.94 (33 in 17)
14. Real Madrid 1.94 (33 in 17)
16. Napoli 2.00 (36-2 in 18)

Sergio

Sergison
That surely can't be true, in terms of overall spending, Viola bought quite alot of players and shell out a fair bit on wages to. Marseille for example sold half their team, while the likes of Lazio, Inter etc didn't spend anymore than they brought in.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
That surely can't be true, in terms of overall spending, Viola bought quite alot of players and shell out a fair bit on wages to. Marseille for example sold half their team, while the likes of Lazio, Inter etc didn't spend anymore than they brought in.

Well a significant amount of the signings came for free via bosman or are a loan meaning they will count toward next summer's budget. The only two relatively expensive players were Valero and Aquilani who both cost less than 10M. And of the signings, the two highest wage earners, Aquilani and Pizarro, still earn less than the players shipped out - Montolivo, Boruc, and Behrami for instance were along with Jovetic the squad members earning more than a million last year.

So yes, Fiorentina's budget is still much greater than over half of Serie A and is comparable to Lazio (who also deserves a lot of praise for putting together an underrated side), even with all the signings the wages are still far less than Inter, and only Marseille and Lazio would be comparable.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Matias Vecino and Rafal Wolski both in Florence for their medicals today. Both attacking midfielders, the Uruguayan is 21 and the Pole 20, not a big deal in the short term but nice to see them stock up for the future.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Another player in Florence for their medical: German defender Marvin Compper from Hoffenheim.

Also negotiating with Bolton for Marcos Alonso (left wingback, third generation Madrid youth product) but they are demanding too much, and for some insane reason, with Juventus for one of Quagliarella or Matri. Both are :shit:, but I guess we need whatever finisher we can find.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Marcos Alonso is a decent left back. Would do a good job for Fiorentina.

Would like that signing but Bolton is playing hardball apparently, if anything that one will be done over the summer. Supposedly they are also approached you guys about Skrtel, have no idea why we'd need another CB when we just signed Compper though, especially since he wouldn't be cheap.

Home of Barca Fans