Financial Fair Play (News, debates, opinions, Platini, etc.)

R

Ryu Hayabusa

We are clearing ours every year. Debt is a part of business. Real and Barca have debts, loads of clubs have debt but it is managed correctly. FFP is too stop sheiks and Arabs buggering off after spending hundreds of millions a year and then leaving a club in the shit to fold.

As we've seen with Malaga and partially Monaco.

Sterlingfan2000

It will be bad for the whole bundeslige because of the 50+1 Rule,Bayern, Barcelona,Real Madrid and especially United, who currently are steamrolling other clubs with their money.

I think FFP is currently a little bit unfair, why Manchester United can spent 200€Million and PSG can only spent 50€Million? Not Fair

Jair Ventura

Man Utd are clearing their debt and will pay for everything they do from their own income.

Eh, not they won't. A lot will be paid for with borrowed money, hence, debt.

Clubs like that should no way be penalised while billionaire backed clubs pay for virtually nothing themselves and try to manufacture dodgy sponsorship deals to get round FFP.

An ownership group investing in their club is the opposite of paying for nothing themselves. Borrowing money to bankroll your club would be that.

JamDav1982

Eh, not they won't. A lot will be paid for with borrowed money, hence, debt.

An ownership group investing in their club is the opposite of paying for nothing themselves. Borrowing money to bankroll your club would be that.

Eh yes they will..... Man Utd will pay back any money loaned from their own income or by selling shares in club.

Borrowing money and repaying it yourself is more impressive than taking hand outs from billionaires and is more sustainable.

Bertus

Guys. Open a FFP thread please.

The PSG's thread is not a battlefield between FFP haters and supporters.

Gonna have to ask [MENTION=4420]Flavia[/MENTION] to clean it up again. Not the first time it happens.

It's not about being pro or against, but so far, today news are NOT about PSG. Platini said nothing about PSG in particular. So go pollute another thread or create a new one.

JamDav1982

As much as United in the same span. More, since they've actually been competitive continentally. Far fry from the second division.

So did Malaga and they almost went out of business when Billionaire backing halted. Poor example to use Monaco as some kind of beacon of success.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Monaco has been extremely successful since their purchase. Try again.

When the takeover happened, Monaco were said to become a big spender like PSG or City and previously Chelsea, throughing money at clubs and players with little sense. Once their White Russian (or was it regular Russian or one of the Baltics? I think White Russian) oligarch realized he had bitten off more than he could chew due to his ongoing divorce, IIRC, he dramatically cut the funding. Monaco however have turned a bad situation into a good one, buying talented young players, making a few big sells while offloading big salaries like Falcao.
Still the point stands that they were essentially hung out to dry by their oligarch owner.

Jair Ventura

Eh yes they will..... Man Utd will pay back any money loaned from their own income or by selling shares in club.

They've done an excellent job of accomplishing that to this point. I'm being sarcastic, mind you.

Borrowing money and repaying it yourself is more impressive than taking hand outs from billionaires and is more sustainable.

A club can't receive hand outs from its owners. It can however receive handouts from banks.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Guys. Open a FFP thread please.

The PSG's thread is not a battlefield between FFP haters and supporters.

Gonna have to ask [MENTION=4420]Flavia[/MENTION] to clean it up again. Not the first time it happens.

It's not about being pro or against, but so far, today news are NOT about PSG. Platini said nothing about PSG in particular. So go pollute another thread or create a new one.

Sorry, was too lazy to look for an existing thread and didn't quite know where to best put a new thread. As I smelled a French conspiracy, I found the PSG thread to be an adequate place for discussion :p

JamDav1982

They've done an excellent job of accomplishing that to this point. I'm being sarcastic, mind you.

A club can't receive hand outs from its owners. It can however receive handouts from banks.

Well Man Utd are biggest spenders in world and have been reducing debt. So yes they have done a good job.

Banks dont do hand outs....are you yet to grasp bank loans get paid back by clubs through their own income?

Home of Barca Fans