Final: Germany - Argentina 1-0(ET) - Germany are WC Champions for the 4th time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busi-Messi Barca

I see Puyol will be there to hand the trophy over at the start, hope he brings Argentina some luck. :)

I also think the Germans could be a tad over confident, would be hard not to let a win like that go to your head. Form goes out the window for the final anyway.

King Leo

Banned
Messi in 2nd kit... I can get used to it

1601kz9.jpg

Chainsaw

Killahead
Question: which kit will be worn in the final? So far Argentina has been using the home kit and no loss or tie this far. As much as I love the look of the away kit with the rich blue shades and golden badge but like to stick with what worked this far.

Afraid of 1990 final deja vu huh? ;)

When I saw Argentina wearing the black socks against Holland I remembered the 1998 match when both teams wore the same kits and Holland beats Argentina in the last minute. I was afraid this could cause another bad luck again but we went through. Now I hope if we wear the away kit in the final we write another history this time. :)

Pepe Silvia

I'm on the fence now. I always wanted Messi to win WC to seal his legacy as the GOAT and mainly to see him invigorated for next season at Barca, but seeing him walking around in a Semi-final when Argentina were desperate for a goal really has me thinking that Messi is going to remain in this state of lethargy for the rest of his career and that walking is something we need to get used to. It's more permanent rather than a temporary 'saving himself for wc thing'.

I still want Messi to win it, but if Argentina come out playing the same brand of boring football they've been for majority of the tournament, I won't feel bad if Germany stomp them. Germany players have been brilliant at club level and for country and I'd like to see players like Bastian, Lahm, Muller, Klose, Neuer, etc lift the trophy because they deserve it, too. Similar to the way Spain deserved to win with its Barca players before.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Germany still has a lot of chances winning it, but I can't see Argentina reaching the final any time soon. This is Leo's chance and he needs to take it. I will pray and hope that he can lift the trophy!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I want Argentina to win because it's better for Barca. Leo can come back happy and fresh.

There's also the chance he will stop giving a shit because he's done everything a la Ronaldinho. Or if he loses he will be quite low.

King Leo

Banned
BTW this Messi walking around is really starting to bother me.

A. YES he was faster before no question about that.
B. When you give Messi no space at all what do you expect from him to do?
C. Running around like a headless chicken will get you no where. Instead he's pacing himself for those very rare moments when he's allowed to touch the ball to sting the opponent with a quick run either disrupting the defence or shooting at the goal.

The games so far have been defensive from all opponents except the one against Nigeria and we saw then 3 goals from which two were signed by Messi.

Messi has shifted his game to a Maradona type by passing and disrupting. Get used to it he will never play that old Messi again. Is it his health? who knows but certainly not due to lack of motivation. He wants to win this cup more than anything.

PaulFCB

Banned
Don't worry guys, Argentina will win this shit and Messi to show why he didn't run for an year, just for this game!

Me bet:

Germany 0-2 Argentina
Messi 35, 70.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Don't worry guys, Argentina will win this shit and Messi to show why he didn't run for an year, just for this game!

Me bet:

Germany 0-2 Argentina
Messi 35, 70.

I hope you are right and this happens. And if this truly happens, I mean Messi scores right in these minutes, then #DareToPaulFCB :worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans