Final: Germany - Argentina 1-0(ET) - Germany are WC Champions for the 4th time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

instinct

Neuer? Why? Just why?

He didn't face that many goal scoring chances that he had to save, he was bored for the most part in most games. The Ghanian and the Algerian games are the only ones that he was really threatened.

As a goalkeeper it's not important to save 10 balls each game. It's important to be there when you are needed. He was there vs Algeria. He was there vs France (remember Benzema's last-minute attempt). He was there vs Brazil. And today he was again solid. Don't know if he deserves player of the tournament but he was world-class throughout the entire WC.

King Leo

Banned
I'd love Simeone to take charge, but don't think its possible in the short term.

Does anyone 've a video/link to the presentation ceremony? I switched off my telly at the final whistle. I want to see my boys receive their medals, and Leo his award.

You have the stomach to watch that? I left after Messi's fk. Too painful for me

zanela

I have read it is pretty much a done deal that Tata will take over ARG?

There isn't a confirmation, yet. I hope its not him.

You have the stomach to watch that? I left after Messi's fk. Too painful for me

Its painful yes. But its a rare moment, and I don't know when the boys will step on the podium again, if at all. Receiving a runners-up medal is nothing to be ashamed off.

I get an error. Thanks tho.

This Argentinian team is the bravest one I've ever seen, they fought the hardest they could . I'm Brazilian but supported them, congratulations, they should receive a warm welcoming.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
After Messi won the Golden Ball, Iker Casillas is asking for the best goalkeeper of the tournament, while Scolari wants the best coach of tournament award.

F

Flavia

After Messi won the Golden Ball, Iker Casillas is asking for the best goalkeeper of the tournament, while Scolari wants the best coach of tournament award.
Think you can do better.

And it looks like fifa gave it to him because he was the player with most mvp's(4).

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Can't believe how disappointing all the Argentinian forwards were :facepalm:.....
What happen to you Aguero T_T? Higgy? Levezzi? Rat tail?

MagIX

This Argentinian team is the bravest one I've ever seen, they fought the hardest they could . I'm Brazilian but supported them, congratulations, they should receive a warm welcoming.

FOR SURE they should receive a warm welcoming.

FOR SURE this Argentina and this Brazil are the weakest I have ever seen.

Tomchin

Think you can do better.

And it looks like fifa gave it to him because he was the player with most mvp's(4).
Yeah dont get all the hatred on Messi's Golden Ball. James was great in the group-stages and in the 1/16 final, but afterwards? And Muller, was he really that impressive yesterday? Messi decided almost all of Argentina's games, so surely that counts for something?

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Can anybody pls explain to me with reasonable words and arguments, why Messi won the best player award?
Cause tbh, I don't think he was close to Müller, Neuer, James in terms of decisiveness/crunch time skill for his team and stats.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Neuer? Why? Just why?

He didn't face that many goal scoring chances that he had to save, he was bored for the most part in most games. The Ghanian and the Algerian games are the only ones that he was really threatened.

Now I have to wonder, whether you actually watched any Germany match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans