Fifa World Rankings

Edman

And Belgium jumped another 10 spots :beer2:

2mo5wyq.png

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
How are Germany and Portugal ranked above Italy? Italy defeated Germany in the Euros.

Here would be my personal Top 10:
1. Spain
2. Italy
3. Argentina (they are really starting to gel as a team)
4. Germany
5. Brazil
6. Netherlands
7. England
8. Portugal
9. Colombia
10. Mexico

Hard to decide between Mexico and Russia but I do think Mexico would beat Russia if they both played today @ full strength.

Last edited:

impeh

Hi, its me..
England have dropped six places in the latest FIFA rankings and are now down to 15th in the world.

Five-time World Cup winners Brazil had dropped to their all-time lowest point of 22 but their victory in the Confederations Cup last weekend has seen them climb back up to ninth.
Germany are second, with Colombia up four places to third after some impressive World Cup qualifying results, followed by Argentina and Holland.

Belgium have reached 10th, their highest-ever position, while Ivory Coast are the top African team at 13th.

PaulFCB

Banned
You're giving me Euro 2008 which was 5 years ago, so doesn't count for over an year.

An example: Europe ( UEFA ) has a value of 1.00 ( North America has 0.88 for example ). Switzerland plays San Marino in the qualifiers and wins. It's 3 points, that's x2.5 because it's a FIFA/UEFA Qualifying. That's 7.5, but let's say San marino si ranked 150th or under, so It's 200-150 divided by 100, that's 0.5 so now it's 3.75 points, but that's only for 1 year, after 1 year it's valued at 50%, in the 3rd year 33% and in the final year at 25%. Multiply by 100 to get the ranking points, so it's 375.
But if Ireland plays Germany and wins, int he same qualifiers, the score is not 0.5 at the ranking calculations, it' 1.98 so it's 1.00(UEFA)x1.98(instead of 0.5)x2.5(competition importance=WC/Euro qualifer)x3 for the win = 14.85 points x 100 = 1485 points. You have divide all points in the year by how many games you played. So if you have 1485 + 0 ( because you lost a game ) + 495 ( after a draw with Germany, let's say ) + 375 + 375 ( for beating Marino ) you have 546 points which in 1 year. So meh for the victories with San Marino.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Fifa have released the new world rankings based on recent international results.

It's bad news for England, who drop from 14th in the rankings to a lowly 17th, but at least Roy Hodgson's men are now ahead of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

The chart sees England fall down the Fifa World Rankings, lower than countries such as Chile, Russia, Switzerland, USA, Greece and Croatia.

Argentina have leapfrogged Germany into second place, but Spain still remain leagues ahead (on 1514 points compared to Argentina's 1263) at the top of the Fifa World Rankings.

France have dropped two places to 25th, and Belgium have risen four places from 10th to sixth. Brazil are eighth in the world rankings, but their ranking has been affected by their lack of competitive matches, as the host nation for the World Cup does not need to go through the qualifying process.

Der Kaiser

I dont care for these rankings and I dont think they are accurate, but Im happy to see Belgium so high and England so low.

Home of Barca Fans