Fifa report into alleged corruption clears Qatar to host 2022 World Cup

Sterlingfan2000

Its quite suprising that United States is taking such a big role in this, i mean, they hardly even care about football over there, or as they call it, "soccer".
Cant they come to Spain and bust the doors in here, to rid us of Perez?

Well Football is becoming so big, its just crazy.People talk so much about football nowadays so its logically that "Mister World Police" wants to take a Role.

King5Puyi

Prince Ali for FIFA president

Qatar could lose the 2022 WC and interestingly Prince Ali (brother to Gold Medalist Princess Haya and wife to Prince of Dubai of UAE) could become FIFA president. This has the potential to become Qatar's darkest nightmare as Dubai and UAE are Qatar's nemesis.

I'm loving this. Any chance, the world cup 2022 can be hosted between USA and Canada? (I have my bet on this)

UAE is never going to drop their noses in to disrupt the WC. There are already Bullet Metro Rails being setup all across GCC just for it to be done by or before the 2020 Expo in Dubai and at the same time a brilliant network for the WC for everyone from the GCC.

Albeit after all this, I just don't see Qatar losing it.

King5Puyi

World Cup sponsor logos redesigned to protest labor abuses in Qatar
http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/27/8665627/world-cup-qatar-sponsor-logos-slavery-fifa

I like the Adidas and Coca-Cola logos in particular

The slavery part always made me LOL. Being born up at this part of the world, let me tell you all something.

These labourers we never brought in on false promises from the government but rather particular builders. They make more than 5 times the money they would working at home counties such as India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal and so. Yes, there are instances they are abused of living conditions or Salary payment, which again, goes on to the company they represent and not the country. There are heavy fines for these so said firms. Then the passport issue. When you pay North of 3000$ on every labourer you bring in to GCC, paying their Visa costs mainly, it makes no sense to let the labourers hold on to them as there have been many cases of them just leaving without even informing the firm. It's all a big loop. There are many instances which is indeed sad of how they are treated. But, at the end of they day, More than 70% of them are happy doing it when they can send home as much money as an Engineer / Architect / Business Executive make in their home countries.

it's the government's job to enforce the rule of law and supervise companies. The fines are evidently not heavy enough since this shit goes on. And security measures are evidently completely failing. Sanitary conditions too. and who the hell are "they" paying the visa costs to ?
I could go on and on

Hidz

Its quite suprising that United States is taking such a big role in this, i mean, they hardly even care about football over there, or as they call it, "soccer".
Cant they come to Spain and bust the doors in here, to rid us of Perez?

I think it's about a lot of tax money that dissapeard. So i guess they want their money back ;)

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Spokesman about Blatter:
He's not a happy man today, but he knows this is the consequence of what we initiated. It's a surprise it happened today, but not a surprise it happened.

impeh

Hi, its me..
UEFA call for Friday's FIFA Presidential election to be postponed.

Swiss nationals working for Fifa including Sepp Blatter told by investigators they can't leave Switzerland until further notice

Yannik

the US playing World Police again and I'm not even mad this time. Heck, I'd even support it if they actually ripped Qatar of the WC and brought it to the US. At least there is noone dying on the construction sites in order to build the stadiums. Anything but Qatar or similar counries with slavery working conditions.

Home of Barca Fans