FIFA Ballon d´or 2014?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
as for winning the Ballon d'Or, Messi won't win it in 2012, so I dunno why you'd suggest that. after all the fuss that people raised over him winning it in 2010, there's no way the journos will vote for him in the year of the Euros. he may get the players vote, because he will still be the best player in the year, but I doubt that will push him over the line.

it'll go like this:

2011: Messi
2012: Özil or Iniesta or Sneijder (depends who wins the Euros)
2013: Messi
2014: Messi (after he guides Argentina to World Cup glory :p)

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Europeans winning in Argentina/Uruguay?

You are out of you damn mind son.

I wouldn't say it (and a massive lol if FIFA have the balls to take the Finals there) but The Pattern must be respected! check it:

1970: FINALISTS
1974: groups
1978: 4th place
1982: WINNERS
1986: eighth-finals
1990: 3rd place
1994: FINALISTS
1998: quarter-finals
2002: eighth-finals
2006: WINNERS
2010: group stage
2014: ??
2018: FINALISTS
2022: ??
2024: ??
2030: WINNERS

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Europeans rule!

How's that army you are raising to commit genocide in another country doing?

I wouldn't say it (and a massive lol if FIFA have the balls to take the Finals there) but The Pattern must be respected! check it:

1970: FINALISTS
1974: groups
1978: 4th place
1982: WINNERS
1986: eighth-finals
1990: 3rd place
1994: FINALISTS
1998: quarter-finals
2002: eighth-finals
2006: WINNERS
2010: group stage
2014: ??
2018: FINALISTS
2022: ??
2024: ??
2030: WINNERS

The glory of the two countries that turned football from a primitive English game into a way of life is more important than your damn pattern!

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
2011: Messi
2012: Xavi (back-to-back Euro Champs!)
2013: Messi
2104: the best player from the winner of the Uruguay v Spain WC Final.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
The glory of the two countries that turned football from a primitive English game into a way of life is more important than your damn pattern!

hey, I ain't sayin' it won't be in Argentina & Uruguay (it should be), I'm just sayin' the Italians are gonna win it!

also doi, I can't count. it's 2028 and 2032, there is no 100 year anniversary World Cup. the 100 year anniversary falls on the year of a Euros. :lol:

2014: Brazil
2018: Russia
2022: Qatar
2028: China
2032: Argentina/Uruguay

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Yeah there's no way Asia gets two WCs in a row, another reason Qatar fucked everything up. The Europeans would have less grounds to bitch on if 2022 was in Australia or the US.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
I can see China pushing for and getting the WC, for the same principle that Russia and Qatar got it ... straight cash homie.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
maybe 2032 will be Italy, then. especially as it's not a centenary World Cup anyway, so no need to worry about it not being in Argentina/Uruguay.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
altho good luck convincing Argentina to co-host and NOT have the Final. :lol:

sure, they'll have the Opener, one of the semi's and the 3rd place game, but not the Final. can't see the AFA signing up for that, can you?

Well I bet Argentina is going to try and convince Uruguay to have the opener in exchange for the finals, that's the biggest threat to the whole thing TBH, the eternal Argentine ego.

Hopefully they are smart enough to realize that Uruguay needs centre billing. Even the AFA can't be that dumb...can it?

Based on what I've heard so far it sounds like Argentina understands they are secondary here. I think any excuse to get investment is welcome really.

Also, hopefully they keep this sweet logo, since it works for both teams anyway.

Last edited:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Well I bet Argentina is going to try and convince Uruguay to have the opener in exchange for the finals, that's the biggest threat to the whole thing TBH, the eternal Argentine ego.

Hopefully they are smart enough to realize that Uruguay needs centre billing. Even the AFA can't be that dumb...can it?

Based on what I've heard so far it sounds like Argentina understands they are secondary here. I think any excuse to get investment is welcome really.

Also, hopefully they keep this sweet logo, since it works for both teams anyway.

I would be amazed if Argentina willingly took second billing. maybe if Uruguay agreed to let them have the lion's share of investment and games (which makes sense, tbh, given the sizes of the countries) they would be cool? I dunno. I don't put any level of stupidity above the AFA. they're nuttier than rat crap at a pistachio factory.

but it would be awesome if they took second billing.

and that logo is sexy.

Home of Barca Fans