Fernando Torres Vs David Villa

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Really hard to objectively rate Torres while having his totally subpar performances in the WC in mind ...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Technique is the procedure or the manner in which you execute the fundamentals or the various aspects of the game. Its the way in which you perform a dribble, strike a ball(be it passing, shooting, taking setpieces), bring a ball in control or head it. The better the technique, the greater success at these aspects and as a player.

^^
Can't agree more

Regarding Ronaldo not able to get past many these days... I guess that's more because lately he's been concentrating mainly on the scoring part of his game. And yeah all the footage I have on Ronaldo do belong to his past seasons with Utd during the days he was mainly being a winger, so I agree on that part as well

XaviMessiGirl

Z, if you are making me out to be a blinded fangirl then you are wrong. I have criticized him plenty especially lately, my comment was regarding that he is completely disregarded when it comes to things like first touch when really he isn't bad at it at all! And you are right, he needs to learn how to play for the NT like he does for Liverpool and I really really thought he could since he's improved so much over the past couple years, but injury and consequently rusty form from injury foiled that. And now he shouldn't even be in the starting XI at this point.

lol Ronaldo isn't that great at dribbling, at least compared to Messi, he does stupid tricks to make it look like he's class at it but that's it.

Olsend

International level - Villa, club level - Torres (but if Villa was playing for a bigger club, I'd bet on him).

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
International level - Villa, club level - Torres (but if Villa was playing for a bigger club, I'd bet on him).

Should the fact that Villa played for a "smaller" club help his case? Torres has only scored more goals than Villa once in his career, though he does have a better goals to game ratio for Liverpool. Interestingly enough, Villa has won more with Valencia (and Zaragoza for that matter) than Torres has with Liverpool.

XaviMessiGirl

In 2009-10, Villa scored 21 goals in 32 appearances, and Torres 18 goals in 22 appearances. That's a .65 per match for Villa and .82 for Torres if my calculations are correct. Torres would surely have scored more goals than Villa this past season if he had not been sidelined by injury. Not trying to argue that Torres is better (in fact the season before that Villa did significantly better than Torres when it came to goals per game ratio I believe, and then the year before that Torres was better again so it fluctuates) but just stating that I'm almost positive that Torres would have surpassed Villa in 2009-10 if he had played as many games.

XaviMessiGirl

That comment didn't make sense simply because it's not like Liverpool are a top club anymore either, let alone a wealth of other reasons.

Home of Barca Fans