Felipe Anderson

R

Ryu Hayabusa

3. No. Ligue 1 is perhaps the most competitive of all leagues, and that was certainly the case this season.

That statement boggles the mind. PSG and Lyon have a more than comfortable lead respectively. I would bet my arse that there will not be a single change amond the current Top 4.

Jair Ventura

That statement boggles the mind. PSG and Lyon have a more than comfortable lead respectively. I would bet my arse that there will not be a single change amond the current Top 4.

Paris, Lyon, and Marseille were all within 3-5 points a month ago before OM's losing streak. Paris and Lyon were within 3 points of one another until last Saturday, leaving the championship to be decided in the last two weeks of the season. 3 clubs are within 2 points for the last UCL spot and that's not even getting into the diversity of its champions.

The competitiveness of the Bundelisga isn't close.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Paris, Lyon, and Marseille were all within 3-5 points a month ago before OM's losing streak. Paris and Lyon were within 3 points of one another until last Saturday, leaving the championship to be decided in the last two weeks of the season. 3 clubs are within 2 points for the last UCL spot and that's not even getting into the diversity of its champions.

The competitiveness of the Bundelisga isn't close.

Diversity of its champions (since PSG's takeover)? :lol: Now you have completely lost it, I fear... :p

Jair Ventura

Diversity of its champions (since PSG's takeover)? :lol: Now you have completely lost it, I fear... :p

I didn't say "since PSG's takeover". That's your own stipulation, but with or without it Ligue 1 has been a more competitive league than the Bundesliga. What does Bayern have, 30 league championships? Saint Etienne is tops in France at 10.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I didn't say "since PSG's takeover". That's your own stipulation, but with or without it Ligue 1 has been a more competitive league than the Bundesliga. What does Bayern have, 30 league championships? Saint Etienne is tops in France at 10.

If we leave out the past three seasonss including this one, there is hardly any league out there that can match the Bundesliga in terms of champion diversity.

Jair Ventura

If we leave out the past three seasonss including this one, there is hardly any league out there that can match the Bundesliga in terms of champion diversity.

I'm not really sure how this contradicts anything I've said. Mind you, your mind was boggled. I was simple clarifying my statements.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I'm not really sure how this contradicts anything I've said. Mind you, your mind was boggled. I was simple clarifying my statements.

You claim that Ligue 1 is the most competitive league (still :lol:) while Bundesliga lacks any competition, before arguing that League 1 has great diversity with its champions, then limiting that claim to the years before the PSG takeover while reiterating that Bundesliga lacks competitiveness. When confronted with the analogy of your claim, you wonder in how far that contradicts your statement.

Really?

Jair Ventura

You claim that Ligue 1 is the most competitive league (still :lol:) while Bundesliga lacks any competition, before arguing that League 1 has great diversity with its champions, then limiting that claim to the years before the PSG takeover while reiterating that Bundesliga lacks competitiveness. When confronted with the analogy of your claim, you wonder in how far that contradicts your statement.

Really?

Firstly, I didn't limit the comparison to the last 3 seasons, you did. But perhaps you don't know what competitiveness Is? Idk, but by definition Ligue 1 is "most competitive" of Europes top 5 championships. Greatest diversity in its champions as well as being the league where bottom 10 clubs defeat top 10 clubs at the greatest frequency.

Guess you missed the part about Bayerns 22 titles relative to no club having won more than 10 in Ligue 1? Convenient. In any case, the gap between Bayern and the rest of the Bundelisga is only growing.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Bayern have won 22 league titles in Germany. By far more than any other club.

FC Nürnberg are second with 9 wins. They last won their league title in 1968.:lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_football_champions

In Ligue 1 Saint-Etienne have won 10 league titles. More than anyone else.

Marseille is second with 9 league titles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_football_champions

The diversity in terms of different winners and lack of gaps between the most decorated clubs is clearly MUCH smaller in France.

On the other hand diversity (read different league winners) says nothing about a league's quality.

In any case BOTH PSG and Bayern have dominated their respective leagues in the past 3 seasons and I doubt that many see that changing in the future thus your discussion is quite silly.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Bayern have won 22 league titles in Germany. By far more than any other club.

FC Nürnberg are second with 9 wins. They last won their league title in 1968.:lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_football_champions

In Ligue 1 Saint-Etienne have won 10 league titles. More than anyone else.

Marseille is second with 9 league titles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_football_champions

The diversity in terms of different winners and lack of gaps between the most decorated clubs is clearly MUCH smaller in France.

On the other hand diversity (read different league winners) says nothing about a league's quality.

In any case BOTH PSG and Bayern have dominated their respective leagues in the past 3 seasons and I doubt that many see that changing in the future thus your discussion is quite silly.

While I completely agree on the stupidity of this discussion, you may want to take a look at how many different Champions Germany saw in the 90s up until the those last three years of Bayern hegemony and compare that to the rest of the leagues in Europe. Sure as shit not half bad.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Firstly, I didn't limit the comparison to the last 3 seasons, you did. But perhaps you don't know what competitiveness Is? Idk, but by definition Ligue 1 is "most competitive" of Europes top 5 championships. Greatest diversity in its champions as well as being the league where bottom 10 clubs defeat top 10 clubs at the greatest frequency.

Guess you missed the part about Bayerns 22 titles relative to no club having won more than 10 in Ligue 1? Convenient. In any case, the gap between Bayern and the rest of the Bundelisga is only growing.

By your own definition maybe. Also, PSG will not lose a league title within the next 5 years unless the Arabs decide the project is no longer worth pouring money into. The French league has little to do with competitiveness as it stands right now.

Jair Ventura

By your own definition maybe. Also, PSG will not lose a league title within the next 5 years unless the Arabs decide the project is no longer worth pouring money into.

PSG almost lost the league title this season to a club composed of academy kids.

The French league has little to do with competitiveness as it stands right now.

French championship was the most competitive in Europe this season. Only championship other than La Liga yet to determine its winner.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

PSG almost lost the league title this season to a club composed of academy kids.

French championship was the most competitive in Europe this season. Only championship other than La Liga yet to determine its winner.

PSG are 6 points ahead with only a few matches remaining. Once they took the first spot on matchday 30, they never let go. Though I admit that they made it harder on themselves than in the past. But that most likely had little to do with the high quality of the opposition, but rather them having a shit manager and emphasizing the CL. Once they were out, there really was little to stop them domestically.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

While I completely agree on the stupidity of this discussion, you may want to take a look at how many different Champions Germany saw in the 90s up until the those last three years of Bayern hegemony and compare that to the rest of the leagues in Europe. Sure as shit not half bad.

I know almost every league winner in recent decades in the 5-6 major European leagues by memory. The Bundesliga has had 6 different winners in the past 25 years.

Ligue 1 has had 11 (!) different winners since 1990.

In that sense (historical perspective) Ligue 1 has indeed had the greatest diversity in terms of different league winners in the top 5-6 major European leagues.

In the end both Bayern and PSG are set to dominate their respective leagues in the foreseeable future outside of the odd season here and there.

Home of Barca Fans