FC Barcelona Tactics

I

instinct

1121588_FC_Barcelona.jpg

I

instinct

They're not but width is a must-have for dragging players away from the middle

Of course. Don't forget that every formation doesn't have to be as static as it looks on paper. Neymar and Suarez are perfectly able to drag defenders away with their movement around the box while Rakitic and Iniesta can do that too since they're protected by 3 great defenders and a world-class double pivot (at least in theory)

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
1121792_Champions_League_Team.jpg

For Champions League, I would say that this feels good.
Pedro hasn't really performed and if we can relieve Dani's defensive duties, he might be a hit with his cracking right foot.
Alba as a sub when we can't find a way through.
Also, when against a good intercepting midfield(Like PSG) than maybe play Mascherano instead of Busquets.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
This is how the team is setup now:

33or24j.jpg

There's a hole in the middle.

Maybe this could be an option?

1121585_FC_Barcelona.jpg
or
1122500_FC_Barcelona.jpg

This gives us the great understanding between Don,Alba and Mathieu alongwith Neymar on the left. Rakitic, Suarez and Messi will be a handful themselves on the right. The defense is also pretty much covered with Mathieu covering for Alba at LB/LCB and Bartra at RCB supported by Pique and Busi along with Rakitic's workrate. Also with Suarez and Messi on the right, the RB of the other team will be alot more reserved in trying to go forward. It also fixes the issue of the isolated MFs

Last edited:

Frodo_FCB

or
1122500_FC_Barcelona.jpg

This one is good. Nice balance between the lines, Alba can make his runs and combine with Ney, while Bartra on the other side form a 3-man backline and getting forward sometimes as well.
Prime Alves was a beast, but right now if it was to pick between him and Alba, i would pick the lightning speed of Jordi.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

This one is good. Nice balance between the lines, Alba can make his runs and combine with Ney, while Bartra on the other side form a 3-man backline and getting forward sometimes as well.
Prime Alves was a beast, but right now if it was to pick between him and Alba, i would pick the lightning speed of Jordi.
Plus Mathieu and Alba already have a great partnership developed with their time in Valencia

I

instinct

^ Injured Bartra doesn't win a sprint duel against one of the fastest players on this planet.

Sell.

Darko

Nothing against Bartra, I love the kid, but him as a right back, patrolling the right flank, come on :lol:
My point was that he would get exposed against pacey players and good dribblers, there is a reason why he is a CB and not a RB.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
All of your formations are just random players all over the place. I'd play a normal 433 442 diamond or 4231. Though I think from the PSG game we can see 442 diamond won't work in tough CL away games.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
All of your formations are just random players all over the place. I'd play a normal 433 442 diamond or 4231. Though I think from the PSG game we can see 442 diamond won't work in tough CL away games.

This. Some peoples formations are overcomplicating it a bit.

Perhaps 442 diamond might work better with the man in your avatar but 4231 might be worth a shot against the big boys.

Home of Barca Fans