FC Barcelona Tactics

FiReFTW

I still can't believe it, we needed a good CB for years now and we bought a 31 year old guy and an always injured bench warmer from arsenal for 40M total.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I still can't believe it, we needed a good CB for years now and we bought a 31 year old guy and an always injured bench warmer from arsenal for 40M total.

30M. Mathieu is 30 right now. And Vermaelen couldn't break back into Arsenal's starting XI because Mertesacker-Koscielney was a great partnership.

JamDav1982

There is a lack of available targets for any decent price.

Look at Man Utd they are desperate for a CB and are rumored to be in for Rojo! He is terrible.

serghei

Relax, Real has a shakier defence than us when used in a high line.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

A little unorthodox but I think it could work. Inb4 Sport/MD copy it as top secret leaked formation

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Doubt we would double pivot that much maybe use it as a trial run for using later in the season. The 4-1-2-1-2 looks much more likely in most games.

pacp_96

you never know until the season starts

Tata did a double pivot against Sociedad the results were awful as they didn't attack us. If we double pivot against Eibar et al we will never get through them since the double pivot is useful mainly against the counter attacking game not 11 men behind the ball. It would make no sense other than against Madrid and similar teams e.g. Bayern

Behrox

Tata did a double pivot against Sociedad the results were awful as they didn't attack us. If we double pivot against Eibar et al we will never get through them since the double pivot is useful mainly against the counter attacking game not 11 men behind the ball. It would make no sense other than against Madrid and similar teams e.g. Bayern

And as I recall it was a Song-Masch double pivot thats just asking for trouble plus there was no Rakitic to provide the workrate and the team as a whole was mediocre. Not the best game to draw a verdict on the double pivot

pacp_96

And as I recall it was a Song-Masch double pivot thats just asking for trouble plus there was no Rakitic to provide the workrate and the team as a whole was mediocre. Not the best game to draw a verdict on the double pivot

Only example I could think of where we have used it and it was Tata that took the full blast for that decision. Song-Masch should have been enough against Sociedad hardly a Madrid standard team. Point is the use of the double pivot is not suitable for 90% of our games just like our defensive issues didn't matter for 90% of our games. But I understand that some practice is going to be needed for when we do use it so some use will be needed in games however as a general formation I am not keen on it.

Behrox

Only example I could think of where we have used it and it was Tata that took the full blast for that decision. Song-Masch should have been enough against Sociedad hardly a Madrid standard team. Point is the use of the double pivot is not suitable for 90% of our games just like our defensive issues didn't matter for 90% of our games. But I understand that some practice is going to be needed for when we do use it so some use will be needed in games however as a general formation I am not keen on it.

nope Song was atrocious to say the least. No positioning, horrible tackling and just general lack of positional awareness it was like he was just lost disturbing the harmony of the midfield something I am sure with Busi won't happen. Instead of helping Song was becoming a problem in that game not to mention the downward spiral that had started with the team before that game

pacp_96

nope Song was atrocious to say the least. No positioning, horrible tackling and just general lack of positional awareness it was like he was just lost disturbing the harmony of the midfield something I am sure with Busi won't happen. Instead of helping Song was becoming a problem in that game not to mention the downward spiral that had started with the team before that game

Whoever the players are won't matter because of what we come up against 90% of the time. Eibar just won't attack us to make the double pivot worth it so we may as well just stick in Munir for that game as another striker. If we have to have 6 'defensive' players against teams like Eibar then I really worry about our defence in general.

Home of Barca Fans