FC Barcelona B

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Does Ochoa (GK) play for the B-team already? I heard he's very promising, but last season he was still at juvenil I think. Any chance that he'll take over Pinto's spot next season, or is he still too raw for that?

I think you're talking about Fabrice Ondoa, Ochoa is Ajaccio's GK. I think Ondoa is far too young/raw atm, but we'll see how he develops. We could be seeing other very talented GK prospects at Barca such as Ruben Blanco or maybe Kepa

Tomchin

I think you're talking about Fabrice Ondoa, Ochoa is Ajaccio's GK. I think Ondoa is far too young/raw atm, but we'll see how he develops. We could be seeing other very talented GK prospects at Barca such as Ruben Blanco or maybe Kepa
Oops, I meant Ondoa indeed :)

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
@DonAndres Can you tell some more about Blanco and Kepa? I know who they are etc. But I don't see them enough to Judge them...

Both are amazing GK talents. Kepa stood out in last years European u19 tournament, with his highlight match being the semifinal vs France. Blanco stood out in this year's tournament, holding up a poorly balanced Spain side as best he could. Blanco looks far more commanding and assured as a GK, but Kepa has more cat-like reflexes and flexibility. Both are tall but Blanco is the superior physical presence, and I'd say both have around the same, very high potential. Kepa reminds me of Casillas, while Blanco is more of a Buffon/Kahn hybrid. I'm not comparing them to those legends in terms of ability, just a loose description of style.

De Gea is next in line to take over Casillas, and he's definitely improving very rapidly and on the path to becoming one of the world's finest keepers. That makes it difficult for Kepa or Blanco to have luck in the NT department, but I'd take them for our club in a heartbeat. Blanco, we have been linked to (along with other of Celta's finest talents), whereas Kepa has been linked to RM. If we tried for it, we could get either of them though. We'd need a stop-gap for after Valdes leaves and before one of these guys is ready to fully take charge, but they are definitely worth it.

yahudi

Barca B is playing Lugo right now.

1:0 Roman after a dribbling from the left side. The kind of run Deulofeu did quite a few times last season

Home of Barca Fans