FC Barcelona B

xXKonan

[tw]873613835109879809[/tw]

FT We advance to the finals thanks to the away goal rules. Cartagena, got awarded a pretty cheap pen with less then 15 mins to go, and it was a nervy last 15 mins after that, Palencia and Marlon came up big this match when needed.

DHorozov

Extremely tough second leg versus Cartagena, but we are in the final playoff despite the minimal defeat tonight...

Didn't manage to watch the full game, but from what I saw we did not look that good on the field. Definitely didn't like this defensive approach despite the lead from the first game, just don't use to see such a defensive performance from a Barcelona team (haven't watch more than 3-4 games this season from the B side, so cannot say how we were playing overall)

The penalty decision looked really harsh from what I saw, it did not look like a penalty, more like there was a foul against Palencia...

xXKonan

If the B team plays like that have today, they won't get promoted. It's been common theme a lot this season where Gerard sets up the team to sit back and counter.

Xavinho

^Terrible dive there by the Cartagena player for the penalty.

On a more positive note, I love the way Cucu has come into the B team and become an important part of the puzzle in the last few months. I just wish Mboula was moving in a similar trajectory.

God Serena

Odd how the people who rarely comment on Barca B were on full deck to call all of our Barca B prospects trash and average when they lost the first promotion tie but are nowhere to be seen when they win, no matter how ugly.

navidjaan

Started the game with 3 DM's, isolated their most creative player on the wing to use for counters, ended it with 5 defenders and 3 DM's. Absolutely disgusting.

Messi983

[tw]873982885832925185[/tw]

in other Barca B news.

Only 17, I'd expect him to start playing for Juvenil A.

Also, apparently we'll also sign Brandon Thomas if Barça B will be promoted. He's 22 years old versatile forward and has scored 12 goals in Segunda this season for relegated Mallorca side.

navidjaan

So Barça B will have 5 strikers next season, Cardona, Romera, Thomas, Mujica, Kühn? Wtf? While Abel Ruiz will get 0 chances. And how about Lee, Perez and Guillemenot?

khaled_a_d

So Barça B will have 5 strikers next season, Cardona, Romera, Thomas, Mujica, Kühn? Wtf? While Abel Ruiz will get 0 chances. And how about Lee, Perez and Guillemenot?

Guillemenot will be promoted surely,he is too old for Juvenil team next season I think
Abel is same age as Kuhn but I would expect him to stay one more year with Juvenil A
Still weird signing,team looked too crowded in terms of strikers

Last edited:

navidjaan

No news about Guillemenot yet (he will be too old for JuvA), and tbh he hasn't looked that good. Abel looks much more promising, and he's two years younger.

Home of Barca Fans