FC Barcelona B

GetIn

So are they promoted yet or do they have to win one more match? If so it against the same team and will it take the aggregate score into account or do we have do win both games outright?

xXKonan

So are they promoted yet or do they have to win one more match? If so it against the same team and will it take the aggregate score into account or do we have do win both games outright?
Technically this is the Semi finals. If we win this two legged tie we play one more team in the finals and if we win both legs the B team gets promoted.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Gumbau really developed a knack for goals this season. Did he really improve that much compared to 2 years ago?

navidjaan

Gumbau really developed a knack for goals this season. Did he really improve that much compared to 2 years ago?

I think the key to his recent level is that he is playing regularly in the left side of midfield. Since he joined in 2014, he has mostly been a DM, LCB or RCM.

DHorozov

Technically this is the Semi finals. If we win this two legged tie we play one more team in the finals and if we win both legs the B team gets promoted.

So, the "B" teams needs to win both legs in the tie to qualify. This meaning that if we now draw against Cartagena in the second leg we are out, despite the first win?
If I understood you correctly and this is the case, that would be really strange/stupid rule. Why do they have to make these promotion playoffs so complicated, I just don't get it.

Also, if I remember correct that was not the case in previous seasons...

NeyMesSis

So, the "B" teams needs to win both legs in the tie to qualify. This meaning that if we now draw against Cartagena in the second leg we are out, despite the first win?
If I understood you correctly and this is the case, that would be really strange/stupid rule. Why do they have to make these promotion playoffs so complicated, I just don't get it.

I think we have two win two ties and not two legs.. or am I wrong?

Messi983

No, we have to be better in sum of two games, so basically the same system as in CL knockout phase with away goal rules etc. So after we won 1-2 away in Cartagena yesterday we can afford to lose 0-1 at home in return leg and we'd still advance.

If we go past Cartagena then we still have to win against another team in what we could call a "final of non-champions promotion play-off"*. This tie will again be played over two games with the same rules mentioned above.

* But there will be two finals played to get other 2 teams that will join Cultural Leonesa and Lorca who have already been promoted to Segunda A with winning their "semifinals" in Group winners promotion play-off. Leonesa have won against us (had we won that tie we'd already be qualified for Segunda) and have now also won their final against Lorca so they are officialy crowned as Segunda B champions. But this is more of a prestige thing, promotion is the most important for those teams.

You can see the whole promotion play-off system here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Segunda_División_B_play-offs#Non-champions_Promotion_Play-off

System seems complicated at first but it's really not that much. :)

DHorozov

No, we have to be better in sum of two games, so basically the same system as in CL knockout phase with away goal rules etc. So after we won 1-2 away in Cartagena yesterday we can afford to lose 0-1 at home in return leg and we'd still advance.

If we go past Cartagena then we still have to win against another team in what we could call a "final of non-champions promotion play-off"*. This tie will again be played over two games with the same rules mentioned above.

* But there will be two finals played to get other 2 teams that will join Cultural Leonesa and Lorca who have already been promoted to Segunda A with winning their "semifinals" in Group winners promotion play-off. Leonesa have won against us (had we won that tie we'd already be qualified for Segunda) and have now also won their final against Lorca so they are officialy crowned as Segunda B champions. But this is more of a prestige thing, promotion is the most important for those teams.

You can see the whole promotion play-off system here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Segunda_División_B_play-offs#Non-champions_Promotion_Play-off

System seems complicated at first but it's really not that much. :)

Thanks!

That's exactly how I thought the system is this season (also having followed it in the previous seasons as well), but maybe just the two sentences from xXKonan "This two legged tie is our second and final chance at promotion and we have two win both legs in order for the B team to be promoted." "If we win this two legged tie we play one more team in the finals and if we win both legs the B team gets promoted." got me confused and since the system overall is really overcomplicated, wanted to make sure there is no additional strange rule from this season ...

Really bad mistake from Martinez for Cartagena's goal yesterday, looks like he was subbed out just after that mistake and their goal

Home of Barca Fans