Fabricio Diaz

Porque

bang-head-love-actually-film-christmas-8lo6vapejryg7nua.gif

Porque

Díaz confirmed Brighton’s interest when asked if The Amex could be his next destination.

“It’s true that there is interest from the English club, but it’s not yet concrete,” he said, relayed by El Observador.

It’s said the player’s agent Pablo Boselli is ‘working intensely’ with the Uruguayan club’s president, José Luis Palma, for his transfer.

El Observador state the Uruguay U20 international is also on the agenda of Barcelona and SC Braga, and is valued at €8m.

El Pais say the youngster could be ‘living his last days’ as a Liverpool Montevideo player before making a switch to Europe.

It’s explained that Brighton have arrived strongly in the ‘last few hours’ to sign the midfielder.

Having come through the ranks of the South American club’s youth system, Díaz made his senior team debut in 2020. He has cemented his place there, making 121 appearances for them so far.

---

Fressy to the PL will be the next one.

Messi983

At least he's smart enough to not sign with Chelsea I guess. Brighton will be great club for his development.

khaled_a_d

^^^^
He wasn't in the squad list for their game yesterday, and the club confirmed he is almost gone.
Past couple of hours all the news are about Brighton, seems like it is almost a done deal now.
We have been negotiating for over 4 months ago, we had our chance to close the deal and we didn't take it. Most likely we don't rate him as much for an investment.
Kind of hate that we didn't try to get and young pivot, even as project. But Diaz was an expensive project.
If he hit his full potential, he will be sold for 80M within 2 years though

Messi983

Could be club see Pau Prim as a potential longterm DM.

Anyway, there will surely be other young DM's emerging. I still quite like that Ecuadorian kid we were linked to a month ago and he'd be cheaper. Can't remember the name.

E: Oscar Zambrano

Porque

It's more like 8 months. I've been hearing about this interest since January or so.

In the end, funds are tight, but the club doesn't have enough confidence to commit to a youth first approach.

The choices seem to have been Oriol > Diaz and Cancelo > Fresneda this summer. Who is to say we are wrong short term. Though Fabricio looks very much ready to me, considering that despite Busi leaving, our best midfield is any form of FdJ-Pedri-Frenkie.

But one thing [to me] is very clear. If I am Deco then I am getting Laporta to revamp the strategy of Barcelona B and increase it's transfer budget to get more players like Darvich in the 16-18 bracket. Because if you take an emerging player to Xavi, he will always choose experience.

But if the player is already here and inside training for Xavi to see them, he will give them a chance.

khaled_a_d

But one thing [to me] is very clear. If I am Deco then I am getting Laporta to revamp the strategy of Barcelona B and increase it's transfer budget to get more players like Darvich in the 16-18 bracket. Because if you take an emerging player to Xavi, he will always choose experience.

But if the player is already here and inside training for Xavi to see them, he will give them a chance.

Thing is, Barca B budget affects first team budget in the viability plan. So we were tight in all cases.
I generally agree with you, but I think the decision was made this summer to prioritise short term over long term.
Deco got his guy with V. Roque, but after that it was difficult to push for youth over win now players.

iniestaGOAT

I did watch his YouTube videos when we were linked to him, and I thought he was useless

Just like caicedo is fucking useless. And he proved he is useless after one game with Chelsea

All these la Liga copy cat teams flexing their muscle in PL

Don't impress me

Porque

Thing is, Barca B budget affects first team budget in the viability plan. So we were tight in all cases.
I generally agree with you, but I think the decision was made this summer to prioritise short term over long term.
Deco got his guy with V. Roque, but after that it was difficult to push for youth over win now players.

You are correct. I think there are ways to increase the revenue potential of the B team though, which would enable higher budget signings.

To be fair I can understand the Cancelo move, even if I am not particularly fond of it.

The Romeu one is incredibly shortsighted though. Have a feeling we will regret not completing this. Other potential players will arrive of course, of which we will ignore and try again for Zubimendi next summer.

As telegraphed as Jake Paul punch.

khaled_a_d

So, I remembered that kid after the news that Redondo is moving to Miami (highly rated prospect to retirement league).

He has a weird start to his career in Qatar, he arrived after 4 matches of the league, and they have stopped for Asian cup after 12th week.

So, he was available for 8 games, immediately started first 3 games, then played a total 2 minutes in the next 4 games, then back starting. Wasn't called for Pre-Olympics either.

Feels this decision will destroy his career trajectory tbh.

Last edited:

Porque

Was just looking up Diaz and see you brought the thread up. Great timing.

Looks like I got this one wrong. Tanking so far in Qatar.

Well we all knew it wouldn't be a good career move, but I atleast expected to see him starting.

Possibly hasn't adapted on a personal level. Needs to get himself out of there and a fresh start in Europe. The player I remember from the U20 was a very good player.

Incidentally that right winger from the U20 and Liverpool Montevedio that we were also linked with (sorry on my phone and can't recall the name) has continued with excellent stats. Surely will be in Europe this summer.

Home of Barca Fans