Fabinho

Jombi

Shrewd business by Liverpool. Adding Naby Keita and Fabinho, two of the top players in Germany and France for a number of years now, as they see that midfield is crucial for any team wanting to succeed. We need to do better than piling up the midfield with Arda, Paulinho and Andre Gomes.

Devils

Well they are going by Barcaforum's wishes next season by promoting the biggest talent from La Masia and signing the best Brazilian midfield prospect for a reasonable fee.

We'll see.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So just like Liverpool,City and almost every other club making signing to improve the teams?

Liverpool were just in the CL final.

Barca have not gone past the QF for three consecutive seasons.

The question is: Will Barca make the midfield signings required to have great shot at the CL title compared to their rivals? I doubt it, but let's see.

Jombi

Well they are going by Barcaforum's wishes next season by promoting the biggest talent from La Masia and signing the best Brazilian midfield prospect for a reasonable fee.

We'll see.

There are probably many different opinions on barcaforum. Not just one.

JamDav1982

The question is: Will Barca make the midfield signings required to have great shot at the CL title compared to their rivals? I doubt it, but let's see.

Liverpool were not better than Barca last season.

CL final or not.

khaled_a_d

The real question is, do we need to complain when every other team makes a signing? I mean people here were crying out loud after B.Silva went to City, was that needed really? Football world doesn't revolve around us and good players will go to other teams.
And Liverpool wasn't in Cl in past 2 years, still ended the year with zero trophies while finishing season behind the likes of Manu & Spurs and securing CL spot only in last week. I would actually prefer our season than Liverpool's

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The real question is, do we need to complain when every other team makes a signing? I mean people here were crying out loud after B.Silva went to City, was that needed really? Football world doesn't revolve around us and good players will go to other teams.
And Liverpool wasn't in Cl in past 2 years, still ended the year with zero trophies while finishing season behind the likes of Manu & Spurs and securing CL spot only in last week. I would actually prefer our season than Liverpool's

I'm not complaining about Liverpool signing Fabinho. Not the player Barca need right now anyway. Talking about the lack of foresight from the club in improving the midfield year after year. Will continue this year most likely, but sure, everything is perfect and no one should criticize the club for anything while we keep getting KOd in the QFs.

Making a simple point: Other teams are being proactive in strengthening their teams in areas they need to improve. Not the same with Barca. Shouldn't be too hard to understand tbh.

Other teams doing that = Them getting better = Higher competition = Barca shitting the bed again will lead to the same shitty results or worse

Last edited:

fergus90

Great signing for Liverpool, they have made some fantastic signings in the last few years after blowing large amounts of money on Carroll, Lambert, Downing etc.

El Gato

Villarato!
Addresses like 3 squad problems of Liverpool's midfield at the same time - a DM (something they sorely miss), can play RB too, decent with his feet (and can probably morph into Essien-type in time), at least 2 long contracts in him, not massively breaking bank, has experience in winning trophies and going deep in the CL.

This was arguably the 2nd most important signing they needed, after a solid keeper. They may still need a CB, altho Lovren-VVD vs Lovren-any other defender is like Pique-Puyol/Mascherano vs Pique-any other defender and Matip may prove to be even better.

Not sure they can buy all these with Fekir possibly on the move too.

Klopp has totally turned this club's transfer policy around though. It makes me smile how the result of Coutinho saga and how the whole thing was dealt with is a complete 180 compared to the Suarez or Torres ones.

Sorin

Klopp doing work. So unfortunate timing that we had Lucho under contract when Klopp was available. Ah well, what can you do.

Home of Barca Fans