Fabian Ruiz

Messi983

We're apparently going to go vs. Real Madrid and try to sign him before Euro 2020 begins. Reportedly a priority for Barca, and Real Madrid too, assuming they cannot get Pogba.

[tw]1226213326469959686[/tw]

I've read he has a pre-agreement with RM but is willing to break it to play under Setien again if we'll go after him. We'll see.

Porque

Wouldnt bring him here considering the fee now. I think his ship has sailed. But definitely the profile we need if Setien stays next season.

Andresito

Staff member
Umtiti won't put an end to his top career by going to Napoli. But then again he killed his career by playing with that injured knee so who knows. I think he knows he's not the player he was and will try to stay for as long as possible before the inevitable switch to a shittier club who'll never win titles, like Rakitic has been doing for years.

Messi983

Yeah, I also don't see him leaving. It's really a shame he was so stupid to play through injuries. We would be so much better with a healthy Umtiti in his pre-injury form. Well, at least he won a WC.

mc_lovin

I still dont think hes anything special, but then again there arent an awful lot of options. But generally I would be happier with Puig/Alena/Arthur as CM/AM options and a reliable, physical midfielder (then again, who?).

Porque

I still think 60m for Fabian Ruiz is too much. I would move on and take not signing him from Betis as a missed opportunity.

But then again, until Messi retires all our most advanced midfielder needs to do is drive the ball forward and pass to Messi, while being able to get back into the defensive structure quickly on turnovers. I guess Fabian Ruiz can be really good at that.

*Sigh*

vuji_31

Yeah, I share opinion like Porque.

Even KDB would be shit, because his only thing to do would be get the ball to Messi and track back.

I would not mind him in team, he would be improvement on almost all our midfielders. 40 mil plus Umtiti would be great deal, but it will not happen.
His salary is too big. Maybe Todibo or Firpo could go there. But also Napoli would demand 60 mil probably they are though negotiators.

He is tall, probably more physical then our players, but again he is not Partey,Kante,Fabinho...

There is no good physical CM at the moment , only CDM...Considering De jong will be future CDM we need to find CM.

xXKonan

MD claims that we will go for Ruiz if Pjanic doesn't end up working out.

I can't see how that happens if you ask me. Key Player for Napoli, Much younger than Pjanic and more valuable and we are struggling for funds as it is.

JamDav1982

MD claims that we will go for Ruiz if Pjanic doesn't end up working out.

I can't see how that happens if you ask me. Key Player for Napoli, Much younger than Pjanic and more valuable and we are struggling for funds as it is.

Maybe Napoli would be more open to receiving the players that Barca are prepared to let go than Juventus.

I doubt much money would be getting exchanged in either transfer.

Home of Barca Fans