Fabian Ruiz

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well if we are looking for someone to chase until the transfer window closes to keep the fans and papers busy, then Fabian Ruiz is a great go to choice next to Verratti.

You're not wrong :lol:

I think they'll move on to other targets though, if Napoli are unwilling to agree to a price they are willing to pay or frankly are able pay.

Contract until 2023.

HanDW

I don't believe this report.

On top of that, how is Fabian the alternative to Wijnaldum when they are not even remotely similar players both in role and style ?.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Might be smoke. We'll see.

I do think we need to sign another midfielder this summer if we can find the right one that isn't too costly, but I'm not sure Fabian Ruiz fits that mould. CB and LB priorities though for me.

Co0ter

Might be smoke. We'll see.

I do think we need to sign another midfielder this summer if we can find the right one that isn't too costly, but I'm not sure Fabian Ruiz fits that mould. CB and LB priorities though for me.

Fabian isn't what we need at all. Wijnaldum would of been a great signing, work-rate and physicality. I would of loved to see a player like him (if he can still be the same player for us at 30-31 years old) behind De Jong and a more attacking oriented CM. Not sure that is Pedri. He can't score a goal to save his life. Even at 17-18, you don't suddenly learn how to shoot. It's an instinct, and he don't got it. If the rest of his game continues to improve, and significantly, then maybe he would do well there.

Either way, Busquets out of the lineup will only improve us dramatically and allow us to grow into modern football.

Barcilliant

Fabian isn't what we need at all. Wijnaldum would of been a great signing, work-rate and physicality. I would of loved to see a player like him (if he can still be the same player for us at 30-31 years old) behind De Jong and a more attacking oriented CM. Not sure that is Pedri. He can't score a goal to save his life. Even at 17-18, you don't suddenly learn how to shoot. It's an instinct, and he don't got it. If the rest of his game continues to improve, and significantly, then maybe he would do well there.

Either way, Busquets out of the lineup will only improve us dramatically and allow us to grow into modern football.

Exactly. I want to see a physical midfielder like a Kessie or Partey. We have enough weak pretty boys. I don't want another.

JamDav1982

Never been impressed when seen him in last year or so.

Looks gangly slow and just a taller version of James Maddison and not sure if even better of two when both on form.

Barca are obsessed with La Liga proven players and still lack same things in the team that see them get battered every season in CL.

Team lacks pace, power, ability in the air as areas of game that no other team gives up in way Barca does and this transfer window doesnt seem to be heading towards solving any of that while same old lads will play week in week out.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Looks gangly slow and just a taller version of James Maddison and not sure if even better of two when both on form.

Barca are obsessed with La Liga proven players and still lack same things in the team that see them get battered every season in CL.

Team lacks pace, power, ability in the air as areas of game that no other team gives up in way Barca does and this transfer window doesnt seem to be heading towards solving any of that while same old lads will play week in week out.

Well said.

Barcilliant

This x1000

Andresito

Staff member
Surprised he's not on Xavi's radar, being Spanish and all. Haven't followed him at Napoli, but would think he fell off a bit as he's not even called up to the NT nowadays.

Just like Koulibaly, contract is up in 2023.

According to Corriere dello Sport, both Arsenal and Newcastle are interested.

vuji_31

Good player but thats all.

Arsenal is his lvl.

Our midfield is stacked already if everything stays same.

Home of Barca Fans