FA Cup

fergus90

Thing is City with their strongest 11 have been the best team in Europe on their day for about 5 years. But you could always rely on Pep to perhaps overthink big games and fumble it. Now he's stopped doing that, City are just winning all the time and it's boring.

Until he goes, can't see it changing.

KingLeo10

Thing is City with their strongest 11 have been the best team in Europe on their day for about 5 years. But you could always rely on Pep to perhaps overthink big games and fumble it. Now he's stopped doing that, City are just winning all the time and it's boring.

Until he goes, can't see it changing.
True. Since CR7 left RM, I think City, on average, were the strongest team (although I think Liverpool 18/19 is the best side in that span, but for a shorter stretch). Bayern's been: R of 16, CL win (COVID format), QF, QF, QF in that time span. Not very impressive IMO.

Temptation

The QF after COVID was when they had prime Lewandowski ruled out with injury. Flick's Bayern were electrifying for a good year atleast.

Both us and Bayern were better cup teams but as a league team overall, City take it.

KingLeo10

The QF after COVID was when they had prime Lewandowski ruled out with injury. Flick's Bayern were electrifying for a good year atleast.

Both us and Bayern were better cup teams but as a league team overall, City take it.
I can't take Bayern's domestic success seriously after seeing what Dortmund continue to be

fergus90

True. Since CR7 left RM, I think City, on average, were the strongest team (although I think Liverpool 18/19 is the best side in that span, but for a shorter stretch). Bayern's been: R of 16, CL win (COVID format), QF, QF, QF in that time span. Not very impressive IMO.
Yeah, Liverpool were class between 2018 until Covid struck, pushed City a lot.

I'm not sure if they'll get back there though, Klopp has been quite stubborn this year. Tbh Pep is turning PL into the Bundesliga.

KingLeo10

93 point a season manager in the league, for 14 years :lol:

You need to have an all time great season to catch this guy in this format. SAF's best tally was 90, for reference.

Morten

Statistically, it all looks awesome for Bayern with two trebles the last 10 years, but considering they don't have much competition at home, i'd say their ones are less impressive than Barca's, and potentially City's if they win the UCL final.

KingLeo10

But that was when they were just brutally steamrolling European teams too. Without that injury(and the Goretzka injury iirc) they smack PSG.
Agree about the Europe part. I mean they dominated PSG even without Lewa, but PSG are the premier choke artists in this format so I discount that bit too :lol:

Temptation

I still can't get over the fact that we lost the league in 18/19 with 97 points. I will never get over it. This era could have been so decorated if not for Oil City. No excuses for losing the second final against Real with a superior squad.

Morten

I still can't get over the fact that we lost the league in 18/19 with 97 points. I will never get over it. This era could have been so decorated if not for Oil City. No excuses for losing the second final against Real with a superior squad.

You aren't the only ones, we have lost several league titles with above 90 points, and as a result were called "bad league team" just cause couldnt quite match Barcas inhumane consistency over 38 games.

Temptation

You aren't the only ones, we have lost several league titles with above 90 points, and as a result were called "bad league team" just cause couldnt quite match Barcas inhumane consistency over 38 games.

You keep winning shit though.

We went through a horrendous phase and when we were back, we missed out on some huge trophies.

We should have ideally had 2 PLs and CLs in Klopp's stint and a bunch of cups.

Such a cloud of regret surrounds me whenever I think about it.

Last CL will always be the one that got away for me. We should have beaten you lot ughh.

fergus90

Bayern fumbled losing Flick. They were a good fit for one another.

They quite often got used as examples of how to run a club but last few years they've made some questionable decisions and transfers.

City is really the only team to have their shit together both on and off the pitch currently. All others like Barca, Real, Bayern, Liverpool etc have got issues in one form or another.

Home of Barca Fans