FA Cup

DrPepper

Strange thing to say

When for two years in a row the semi finalists consist of Arsenal and then three random, at best mediocre teams (provided Liverpool fail to qualify), then it's clear that no one really takes the competition seriously. I can't even blame the teams really.

Look at Copa del Rey or the German Cup where the latter stages always have the best teams in terms of individual quality.

Liverpool are still alive in the competition, so I hope they win it. Would be a nice sendoff for Gerrard.

Yeah I agree, but I'm not too optimistic after a 0-0 draw at home against Blackburn... Though they've already drawn a home game to win the replay game, so there's that.

barcanuck

But seriously it's like Sir Alex left and everyone forgot how to manage a club. Moyes and Van Gaal have been atrocious. Hope United crash out of CL top 4 soon.

Bucky

Penya Member
When for two years in a row the semi finalists consist of Arsenal and then three random, at best mediocre teams (provided Liverpool fail to qualify), then it's clear that no one really takes the competition seriously. I can't even blame the teams really.

Arsenal lost to Small Heath Alliance in a cup final...

Everyone likes an under dog in a competition. If it's an under dog v top team in the final, people still watch in case of an upset.

If it was Bradford v Blackburn in the final then yeah, your statement holds some truth otherwise you're chatting a load of bollocks.

IF Arsenal beat Bradford/Reading then they could potentially go up against Villa or Liverpool (granted Liverpool beat Blackburn), that would be tasty.

*Actually the giant killers that are Bradford, if they go through in their match up to Reading then everyone would love to see Bradford take down Arsenal (every - or at least a high percentage - neutral would).

Last edited:

blaugrana1987

Rooney is great. DDG is class too. LVG is con artist...their fans are finally waking up from the beautiful dream. It must feel like dreaming of having fun and then waking up being married. Its only fair, they made some incredibly stupid decisions as of late..

BenRobbins

Never rated Rooney highly as a truly WC player until fergie left, so many supposedly WC players have failed with Moyes/LVG but Rooney has been excellent.

I can kind of understand his antics and pushing for a move if they didnt bring in better quality players now. He wanted to avoid a situation that we are in now, dropping far behind our rivals as some of our players just simply aren't good enough.

Morten

I can kind of understand his antics and pushing for a move if they didnt bring in better quality players now. He wanted to avoid a situation that we are in now, dropping far behind our rivals as some of our players just simply aren't good enough.

Doesnt play a big part in it. Ronney has been and perhaps still is a great player, but he is a greedy cnut. He extorted the club twice to get big contracts. Thats all there is to it.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
:lol: already a thread on redcafe about hoping Arsenal ruin Gerrard's day :D

Well I won't be so presumptuous to say that we are already in the final. It's going to be two tough games before we even reach the final, let alone thinking about it now. Arsenal fans on the other hand can already begin to think about the final.

I suppose for the neutrals they want to see the two best footballing teams in competition play each other in the final and yes an Arsenal-Liverpool final would be that.

Antimadridista1

ManUtd really are shit. So much money spent on many useless players.
DiMaria has always been a c*nt, we saw it in Spain. When he hold his c**k in front of madrid fans because they were whistling him... lol. Nothing new here.

There's literally no way ManUtd will finish the season in top4.

frog-fcb

Watched about the last half hour of united arsenal game there an what else can i say united were worse than crap.tonight they could barely even string 5 passes together i was watching it with a buddy who supports man u he was near in hysterics

BenRobbins

Doesnt play a big part in it. Ronney has been and perhaps still is a great player, but he is a greedy cnut. He extorted the club twice to get big contracts. Thats all there is to it.

Obviously he wanted more money and pushed the club for a lot of money because he had doubts about the direction the club was going, he wanted to be challenging for the CL every year and we were bringing in bebe, obertan etc to replace Ronaldo, Tevez The way he went about it was very questionable and could of been approached differently but now you can see why he did it? The club could of just sold him to Chelsea/Psg but they choose to give him these big contracts because he deserves it

Home of Barca Fans