Europa League

KingLeo10

We won't turn the scoreline around but we need Martinez back asap. He would have comfortably saved all their goals from open play last night.

We went from a team who were 17th and looked hopeless to 4th spot in the prem and a conference league semi-final with the majority of the same squad so I can only thank Sir Unai for the incredible job he's done.

Our squad is paper thin now with the injuries we've had in the last couple months, basically

They can turn it around…if Birdy endorses Olympiacos :lol:

Birdy

Lack of fresh legs mainly. Our bench is basically two centre backs and the academy now and we just look very lethargic.

Plus we have Brighton away Sunday where there will be limited rotation as we are still fighting top 4.

Full strength squad I’d be confident we could turn it around, now I’m not putting much faith in it happening.

Plus their players will be right up for it in front of their home fans knowing they are one game away from the final too.

IMO Emery should rest starters vs Brighton
Spurs are 7 points behind and still have to play Pool and City
No way they overtake you in the table

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Villa have been bang average away from home in Europe and the atmosphere they will experience in Athens is multitudes what they will ever experience in the EPL. Hopefully, the Greeks can get through.

When are people going to realise that, when it comes to Europe, all the English clubs are financially doped. Most people hate City and PSG for being oil clubs and ( potentially ) state backed. But who cares where the money is coming from?

The fact is EPL clubs are spending 50 times their ' opponents' in Europe ', due to financial doping. It doesnt matter, when you are facing 11 Vs 11 on a football field if oil is supplying the players or if they are being bought by a state.

Every time these great European clubs, with tiny net spends, beat the financially doped English clubs it is a win for FOOTBALL. Seeing the loaded EPL dice break is fucking beautiful.

JohnN

how do you think Francisco Ortega has done for Olympiacos? Have some hope that he can be fighting for a starter LB position for the Argentine national team soon.
He is pretty good for the Greek super league level, but miles of the mark for NT for me. Actually, I never thought Acuña was good enough, but they managed a WC with him, so you there is that.

Home of Barca Fans