Europa League

Horatio

You're welcome
Yep, couldn’t string 2 passes together.
Which was shocking to me considering some of the players they have. Then the element of home advantage. I understand leverkusen not losing and even winning but roma should have done way better.

KingLeo10

Villa would turn it around most likely.
Usual suspects drawing idiotic conclusions.
Watching football for 20 years or so, and they still can't understand the nature of knock-out games

PS: Leverkusen with an imperious win at Olimpico
No one is better at doubling down on a shit take than this guy :lol:

fergus90

We won't turn the scoreline around but we need Martinez back asap. He would have comfortably saved all their goals from open play last night.

We went from a team who were 17th and looked hopeless to 4th spot in the prem and a conference league semi-final with the majority of the same squad so I can only thank Sir Unai for the incredible job he's done.

Our squad is paper thin now with the injuries we've had in the last couple months, basically having to play the same 11 twice a week. We ran out of steam a few weeks back but the teams below are too inconsistent to capitalise.

Last edited:

Birdy

We won't turn the scoreline around but we need Martinez back asap. He would have comfortably saved all their goals from open play last night.

We went from a team who were 17th and looked hopeless to 4th spot in the prem and a conference league semi-final with the majority of the same squad so I can only thank Sir Unai for the incredible job he's done.

Our squad is paper thin now with the injuries we've had in the last couple months, basically having to play the same 11 twice a week. We ran out of steam a few weeks back but the teams below are too inconsistent to capitalise.

Why do you think you can't turn it around?
You are playing a Greek team FFS, that is not even 1st in their league
If that scoreline was against a Lille, or a Fiorentina, level side, I would say yes you are prob right
But against Olympiacos? Com' on...

JohnN

If that scoreline was against a Lille, or a Fiorentina, level side, I would say yes you are prob right
They can turn it around surely, a much stronger side. but it won't be easy by no means.
The Greek league position means little at this point. But atmosphere will be hot. They will need to overcome that too and be calm.
Of course I will be rooting for my home town club though!

Birdy

They can turn it around surely, a much stronger side. but it won't be easy by no means.
The Greek league position means little at this point. But atmosphere will be hot. They will need to overcome that too and be calm.

Good luck to you then.
It would be amazing I assume for a Greek team to lift a european trophy
I still see it as unlikely given the quality gap, but in knockouts anything can happen

El Gato

Villarato!
H O P E

fergus90

Lack of fresh legs mainly. Our bench is basically two centre backs and the academy now and we just look very lethargic.

Plus we have Brighton away Sunday where there will be limited rotation as we are still fighting top 4.

Full strength squad I’d be confident we could turn it around, now I’m not putting much faith in it happening.

Plus their players will be right up for it in front of their home fans knowing they are one game away from the final too.

soul24rage

how do you think Francisco Ortega has done for Olympiacos? Have some hope that he can be fighting for a starter LB position for the Argentine national team soon.

Home of Barca Fans