EURO u21

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I remember playing football in school, the midfield would be totally cut out and a hoofball that one time out of three reaches the striker, the midfield just runs up and down and occasionally somone makes a horrible tackle (people like that though around here).

Just the culture of football in the UK i'm afraid.

S7_MUFC

Changing coaches won't magically turn these players into good. Changes at grassroot level needed in England. Less running, more playing with the ball.

It's been the same shit here in Norway, but it's been changing lately. More running around the pitch and interval training than actually playing football, that won't help the players with regards to their technical skills and development.

England have been producing some decent players technically but they are all too good for this level apparently...Only player who'll be regular for England on the pitch today is Kane and he's been good so far but midfield 2 have been absolutely shit..

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
How are Rugani and Romagnoli doing? Heard they got plenty of potential those two.

BenRobbins

I just don't understand....

How can the fa spend billions on grassroots and improving coaches and stuff yet still see no improvement? Its mind blowing. What are they teaching at these coaching courses? It is a shambles.

zanela

Nvm. Mourinho changed his mind. They just got scored on. Their first thus far.

Semifinals:

POR - GER

DEN - SWE

Volland and Co. have an uphill task breaking down a well-drilled opponent.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Nvm. Mourinho changed his mind. They just got scored on. Their first thus far.

Semifinals:

POR - GER

DEN - SWE

Volland and Co. have an uphill task breaking down a well-drilled opponent.

Well,they have done the primary object at least and qualified to the Olympics

Jenks

I just don't understand....

How can the fa spend billions on grassroots and improving coaches and stuff yet still see no improvement? Its mind blowing.

Still? The major changes only happened a couple of years ago. It takes 10-15 years for that to bear fruit. The current German side is the result of changes that were made to German youth football around 2000-2002 when their national team was falling behind. There are still technical players being produced though, they're just not being used properly. Plus we still take B Teams to these tournaments expecting to do well and then the media is surprised when we don't. I mean, in the 2013 tournament we had Jason Lower starting in midfield for crying out loud.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
2-0! Stegen at fault partly. Every ball that goes in 5 meters from corner should be goalkeeper's.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
For some reason, Ter Stegen rarely does that well when he puts on the DFB jersey, at least in my memory.

Kohe321

3-0. Terrible defending by Germany, but a really nice goal nonetheless. Nothing Stegen could've done with that one really.

Home of Barca Fans