Ernesto Valverde

serghei

8-2 was the culmination of a disaster-class of a season from everyone involved in it, the board, managers, players.

BarcaOG

Banned
He wasn't.
Also, the fact that you attribute 8-2 to EV just expose that your feelings overrides everything else when it comes to this coach.

EV made winning league titles so easy that you guys felt entitled to them, well, looks like two coaches in a row are about to fail in doing that.

Not so easy now, eh?

EV had a top-level Messi and a functioning Suarez. We won those Ligas despite EV, not because of him.

The squad that lost 8-2 to Bayern was EV's squad. It was the squad HE built; it was the squad he instilled a loser CL mentality after consecutive years of humiliations. Setien was a poor coach but he had what, maybe 3 months with the players due to the Covid break? The squad that lost 8-2 to Bayern was through and through EV's. There's no other way to it.

Morten

EV had a top-level Messi and a functioning Suarez. We won those Ligas despite EV, not because of him.

The squad that lost 8-2 to Bayern was EV's squad. It was the squad HE built; it was the squad he instilled a loser CL mentality after consecutive years of humiliations. Setien was a poor coach but he had what, maybe 3 months with the players due to the Covid break? The squad that lost 8-2 to Bayern was through and through EV's. There's no other way to it.

Yes there is, and if you weren't blinded by hatred you would see it to.

JamDav1982

The squad that lost 8-2 to Bayern was EV's squad. It was the squad he instilled a loser CL mentality after consecutive years of humiliations. Setien was a garbage coach but he had what, maybe 3 months with the players due to the Covid break? The squad that lost 8-2 to Bayern was through and through EV's. There's no other way to it.

Revisionist nonsense.

Go back to summer of 2017 and look to see what a lot of Barca fans thought of that squad and what was capable.

Why not blame the results prior to 2017 for the CL defeats if looking at it like that.

Valverde took over an ageing squad he was never going to have the authority to overhaul but was there to coach them and that is the reason the team played as did as it was about getting best out of and keeping onside the players he had. It was time for him to go after Liverpool game though which should have been the point of clear out.

Folk that think he caused the seniors to be too comfortable and trained with less intensity ignore the squad he had and what power he had to change anything.
Barca in both those CL defeats had individual errors and poor performances as much as anything as the reason went out.

The 8-2 was not on EV at all. Setien put out Barca with about the worst tactical set up it is possible to see and had zero of the personality to manage the players in the squad.

Setien was an absolute disaster and that is on him.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
It's no wonder our club is in shambles if our fans' standard of what constitutes a 'good coach' is someone who masterminded consecutive CL humiliations in which we had 3 goal leads. That level of incompetence would never be accepted at Real, which is why they will continue to win more trophies than us.

It was EV who encouraged ineptitude and Amigoism at the club. If he could fuck up like he did in the CL and still keep his top-paying job, what kind of lesson was that for the players? None other than abysmal failure is acceptable and fine. Which is exactly what they delivered three seasons in a row. That's the shitty mentality they brought to the 8-2.

From Lucho to EV we went from a club that had a fighting chance at the CL to a meme club the other top dogs in Europe want to draw so that they can stat pad against us.

@ Morten lol, if there was a Real coach who repeatedly fucked up and allowed Real to be humiliated, I'd be cheering them on, too. I can't take your EV defense seriously.

BarcaOG

Banned
Yes there is, and if you weren't blinded by hatred you would see it to.

It's not hatred, lol, it's called having standards. Barcelona should never become like Arsenal by justifying shitty coaches and failures. I want our club to be among the best in Europe and EV led us to become the opposite of that: a laughing stock.

JamDav1982

It's no wonder our club is in shambles if our fans' standard of what constitutes a 'good coach' is someone who masterminded consecutive CL humiliations in which we had 3 goal leads. That level of incompetence would never be accepted at Real, which is why they will continue to win more trophies than us.

It was EV who encouraged ineptitude and Amigoism at the club. If he could fuck up like he did in the CL and still keep his top-paying job, what kind of lesson was that for the players? None other than abysmal failure is acceptable and fine. Which is exactly what they delivered three seasons in a row. That's the shitty mentality they brought to the 8-2.

From Lucho to EV we went from a club that had a fighting chance at the CL to a meme club the other top dogs in Europe want to draw so that they can stat pad against us.

@ Morten lol, if there was a Real coach who repeatedly fucked up and allowed Real to be humiliated, I'd be cheering them on, too. I can't take your EV defense seriously.

Nope you have it backwards and those defeats were in the squad before he even got there.

BarcaOG

Banned
Nope you have it backwards and those defeats were in the squad before he even got there.

lol, this is shitty revisionism at its worst. So Setien is at fault for the 8-2 even though he coached the team for only...what, 3 months?

But EV is not at fault for Roma and Liverpool even though he coached the team for 2.5 years and oversaw like 6 transfer windows (i.e. he had his say in the squad make-up).

Yeah, okay. Great logic. Please explain how that works.

JamDav1982

lol, this is shitty revisionism at its worse. So Setien is at fault for the 8-2 even though he coached the team for only...what, 3 months?

But EV is not at fault for Roma and Liverpool even though he coached the team for 2.5 years and oversaw like 6 transfer windows (i.e. he had his say in the squad make-up).

Yeah, okay. Great logic.

Aye Setien the coach who put out that team and could not manage the huge, old egos is at fault as the coach of the team not EV.

Easy.

Who said EV takes no blame for the defeats to Roma/Liverpool?

The bad defeats in CL were there before and after EV yet you try to put all blame on him... that is the terrible logic.

BarcaOG

Banned
Aye Setien the coach who put out that team and could not manage the huge, old egos is at fault as the coach of the team not EV.

Easy.

Who said EV takes no blame for the defeats to Roma/Liverpool?

The bad defeats in CL were there before and after EV yet you try to put all blame on him... that is the terrible logic.

It's not, because he was in charge. And he did it twice in a row.

I mean, okay, if you think its acceptable for us to be humiliated like that, then...weird, but okay. I think our standards should be much higher, lol. If we get humiliated this year in the CL again (which I think is likely), you better not bitch about it, since if you're going to exculpate and forgive EV for it, you have no grounds on which to criticize Koemann.

Beta as fuck 'fans' lol. Apparently its acceptable to go from a CL contender to a meme club.

JamDav1982

It's not, because he was in charge. And he did it twice in a row.

I mean, okay, if you think its acceptable for us to be humiliated like that, then...weird, but okay. I think our standards should be much higher, lol. If we get humiliated this year in the CL again (which I think is likely), you better not bitch about it, since if you're going to exculpate and forgive EV for it, you have no grounds on which to criticize Koemann.

Beta as fuck 'fans' lol. Apparently its acceptable to go from a CL contender to a meme club.

Barcelona had an ageing, powerful squad that no coach was going to come in and have authority to clear out in 2017. That is the reality.

From there training, tactics etc were all done with that as basis.

From position in 2017 when lost Neymar and most making out Barca were fucked for years they won two of the next three titles and exited CL in quarters and semis.

The team were done after Liverpool game to point had to be rebuilt but never happened.

Setien came in and could neither manage the squad on or off park and put out worst tactical set up will ever see in Bayern game for 8-2. The Barca squad was at point no matter who was in charge very little chance beat Bayern but there is a difference between that and losing 8-2 in a result that probably flattered Barca.

Blame EV for Bayern but dont blame previous coaches for results in 2018/2019. Great logic.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
Barcelona had an ageing, powerful squad that no coach was going to come in and have authority to clear out in 2017. That is the reality.

From there training, tactics etc were all done with that as basis.

From position in 2017 when lost Neymar and most making out Barca were fucked for years they won two of the next three titles and exited CL in quarters and semis.

The team were done after Liverpool game to point had to be rebuilt but never happened.

Setien came in and could neither manage the squad on or off park and put out worst tactical set up will ever see in Bayern game for 8-2.

Blame EV for Bayern but dont blame previous coaches for results in 2018/2019. Great logic.

Blame Setien for Bayern but don't blame EV for Roma and Liverpool. You're an intellectual, bro.

JamDav1982

Blame Setien for Bayern but don't blame EV for Roma and Liverpool. You're an intellectual, bro.

Again... I am saying Setien has part of blame for Bayern result and the humiliation as to the awful tactical set up and inability to manage the players at all. Losing to Bayern is not on him really as the squad was old and done by then but the result, approach is .

Who is saying EV takes no blame for Liverpool/Rome? You keep repeating that one.

Make shit up them cry about 'intellectual'.

You are the one that are as intellectual to blame EV for results after he left but not those before him for results when he was in charge bro. Top logic.

BarcaOG

Banned
Again... I am saying Setien has part of blame for Bayern result and the humiliation as to the awful tactical set up and inability to manage the players at all. Losing to Bayern is not on him really as the squad was old and done by then but the result, approach is .

Who is saying EV takes no blame for Liverpool/Rome? You keep repeating that one.

Here you are:

JamDav1982 said:
Here you're implying that the Roma and Liverpool defeats are not attributable to EV because 'they were in the squad before he even got there'. Which suggests EV/no EV they would have happened. Right. We could have hired any coach, according to this logic, and these humiliations wouldn't have happened.

JamDav1982

Here you are:

Here you're implying that the Roma and Liverpool defeats are not attributable to EV because 'they were in the squad before he even got there'. Which suggests EV/no EV they would have happened. Right. We could have hired any coach, according to this logic, and these humiliations wouldn't have happened.

Yes those defeats were in the squad before he got there... if your logic is blame the previous coaches and trying to make out arrived with EV.

You have it backwards if trying to make that claim based on what happened.

Easy.

Home of Barca Fans